Our moonies

Not saying this is the correct definition between Akro & Christensen but they are both good representations of two different types of Moonies,  no matter the manufacturer all Moonies should have a translucent opalescent base, OP's appear to be iridescent  ??  Wish I could tell ya the OP manufacture but not sure ??

image.png.b7d2befb6050fdbb93ffd4d354be834f.png

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Wish I could tell ya the OP manufacture but not sure ??

I agree with Chad--these are late marbles with an iridescent finish applied/sprayed to the outside of them. 
Many companies produce these for the crafter market.
They are cool to look at—just not “Moonies” from the distant past.
Marble—On!!

19 minutes ago, akroorka said:

I agree with Chad--these are late marbles with an iridescent finish applied/sprayed to the outside of them. 
Many companies produce these for the crafter market.
They are cool to look at—just not “Moonies” from the distant past.
Marble—On!!

If you look close, you can see the swirl pattern in at least a couple of them. But heck, maybe there just ole arts n craft marbles. 👍

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 5:27 PM, Chad G. said:

Not saying this is the correct definition between Akro & Christensen but they are both good representations of two different types of Moonies,  no matter the manufacturer all Moonies should have a translucent opalescent base, OP's appear to be iridescent  ??  Wish I could tell ya the OP manufacture but not sure ??

image.png.b7d2befb6050fdbb93ffd4d354be834f.png

Would these be Moonies Chad ? 

Screenshot_2023-08-21-00-07-46-750.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-21-00-07-30-116.jpg

32 minutes ago, AvvaRae said:

Would these be Moonies Chad ? 

Screenshot_2023-08-21-00-07-46-750.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-21-00-07-30-116.jpg

Backlight them and look for a fiery glow like Arts, no glow no Moonie. The glass must be opalescent for it to qualify as a Moonie. Even under a low light the mibs should exhibit some opalescence if Moonies. Indirect sunlight (daylight) works very well as in Arts pic.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 12:41 AM, Chad G. said:

Backlight them and look for a fiery glow like Arts, no glow no Moonie. The glass must be opalescent for it to qualify as a Moonie. Even under a low light the mibs should exhibit some opalescence if Moonies. Indirect sunlight (daylight) works very well as in Arts pic.

Just did everything in arts pic and what you said looks like I have Akro moonies (little fish eyes & turn a sort of orangish/blue when back lit) opalescent to get naked eye😊

• Like 1