Forum Back Up - Changes to Images

bumblebee

The site is back up but images will be missing from many posts until the external storage is synchronized by late tonight or early tomorrow.

Some important changes:

• All images are now hosted externally on Amazon S3 storage. The direct image links will begin with https://s3mcinvision.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/ 
  • The server will never again fill up due to images, so that will make hosting and moving it to new hosting much simpler.
  • I've lifted the image size restrictions, so high resolution images will no longer be resized to 1920x1080. My hope is that we won't need restrictions again, but we'll see how the storage costs are in a few months.

Thanks for your patience and your support!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yes, thanks again for all you do to keep things up and running!

And I agree with, Chad, that is a spectacular image of some really nice agates! Do I see a real Moss Agate in the group?

Oh, that agate shot I posted as a test?

Yes I believe it is a moss agate, although someone else described it as "dendritic agate manganese inclusions under quartz" but I understand that dendritic agate is usually brown or black, if ever green. Never seen another one like it. Hand faceted too. Seems like the mossy part is more easily damaged.

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Support for sure!!

Patience--well, I am a baby boomer collector--patience always.

Marble--On!!

I imagine collecting baby boomers does take a significant amount of patience . . .

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 1:10 PM, bumblebee said:

So the web server has been crashing. I only made one change that I think might have contributed, so I reversed that.

Fingers crossed it will go back to being stable.

You're awesome, thank you for everything you do... (Would it be you our donations to keep the page up go to?)