3/4 Corkscrew

Fire1981

Nice marble Fire.
The base looks blue to me—instead of clear glass. 
Of course that Popeye with the trans yellow base that glows I have always considered a “Popeye”.
I would nestle this one in with my Popeyes, not being sure just what to call it. 
Where else should it go?
Marble—On!!

• Award 1

Fire, i have this (exact) example in my collection and it lies in the "Pop Eyes" for me. I (feel) that this example was one of two things they may have messed up on. Maybe it was supposed to be a "Pop Eye" that missed the third color and or an i (in be tween) "Ringer" and a "Pop Eye". It does make me wonder what the third color would have been if it was supposed to be?  It is a very interesting example and HTF.  Chuck G---

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chuck G said:

Fire, i have this (exact) example in my collection and it lies in the "Pop Eyes" for me. I (feel) that this example was one of two things they may have messed up on. Maybe it was supposed to be a "Pop Eye" that missed the third color and or an i (in be tween) "Ringer" and a "Pop Eye". It does make me wonder what the third color would have been if it was supposed to be?  It is a very interesting example and HTF.  Chuck G---

I’ve also got a similar example with my Popeyes. That’s the fun thing about marbles, “they that own them get to ID them to their satisfaction”. If someone thinks different, they need to buy it, then they have naming rights.

• Like 1

i would like to add maybe   a little more to this subject that (leans) towards "Pop Eyes".  My favs in Akro are the (hybrids). This example would look mind blowing if it had (black) along with it. (YES)< Akro throwed black in these hybrids but (NOT) very often. Look for the "Pop Eyes" that contain this black in them, they seem to fetch a lot more dollars.  Chuck G---

• Like 2

Considering how Akro multi-colored corks are made, in two or more colors, using two or more tanks, a primary large base color, and smaller secondary, and a potential 3rd or more tanks, I could not consider this marble to be a Popeye.

This has white, a transparent blue, and some type of brownish simi opaque for a 3rd color. Enough to illustrate the presence of 3 different tanks and 3 separate streams. However, the only portion of these in the Popeye family is white.

It may be a hybrid and diluted colors in a tank wash change, but to be inside of a Popeye box or set, rejected before it gets out the gate.

Otherwise, simply albeit not as simple as that, but it's a very unusual tri-colored special. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1