This one breaks rules

StevenJustSteven

Okay so I have a marble here that has a typical 9 and tail pattern as you would see in M.F. And CAC slags however the white in it is transparent. What are y’all’s thoughts? Do we keep to the rules of a slag being made up of transparent colored base with opaque white swirls? I think it’s been said that all hand gathered were slags? ( I very well may be completely wrong about all hand gathered are slags though I feel pretty confident I read something similar somewhere). I find this one to be an anomaly and remain interested in hearing from those that are more experienced than I. Without further ado, here is the marble. 

DSCN3354.jpeg

DSCN3355.jpeg

DSCN3356.jpeg

DSCN3357.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, StevenJustSteven said:

Okay so I have a marble here that has a typical 9 and tail pattern as you would see in M.F. And CAC slags however the white in it is transparent. What are y’all’s thoughts? Do we keep to the rules of a slag being made up of transparent colored base with opaque white swirls? I think it’s been said that all hand gathered were slags? ( I very well may be completely wrong about all hand gathered are slags though I feel pretty confident I read something similar somewhere). I find this one to be an anomaly and remain interested in hearing from those that are more experienced than I. Without further ado, here is the marble. 

DSCN3354.jpeg

DSCN3355.jpeg

DSCN3356.jpeg

DSCN3357.jpeg

" I think it’s been said that all hand gathered were slags? ( I very well may be completely wrong about all hand gathered are slags though I feel pretty confident I read something similar somewhere). I find this one to be an anomaly "

Nope, Hand-gathered marbles are not 'only slags' I agree with RaR, because Akro turned out a lot of nine patterns shaped like this.

As far as i know,

18 minutes ago, et cetera said:

Looks like it could possibly be a hand gathered CAC American Agate to me, with that type of glass/pattern/colors.

As far as I know, American Agates are pretty much opaque marbles - maybe a little translucence, but I think it would be very unusual to see one with this much transparency. I think the color is off too - AAs are more red.

image.jpeg.9aeef51e3dc43314e9c231248bb24c15.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 10:38 AM, StevenJustSteven said:

What are y’all’s thoughts?

Speakin of the OP--well-- I am not convinced that it is not an Orange based swirl, which are pretty common and made by a whole bunch of folks.

Some are bound to be wild and crazy.

Then again, I am not convinced that it is not a slag😁.

Nice marble!

Marble--On!!

On 12/5/2023 at 8:05 AM, Ric said:

As far as i know,

As far as I know, American Agates are pretty much opaque marbles - maybe a little translucence, but I think it would be very unusual to see one with this much transparency. I think the color is off too - AAs are more red.

image.jpeg.9aeef51e3dc43314e9c231248bb24c15.jpeg

There it is, bottom left. Perfect example. 

• Award 1