Rarest color marbles

wlmmc

Ok - so you find yourself in a flea market….you see the jar or box….what color swirls or patches etc make you go….hmmmm?

How many colors on one marble make you say…yup I’ll buy it and figure it out later…

• Like 1

I "figure it out" before I buy. I also buy towards a collection theme or goal, not randomly.  That way I avoid buying a lot of ballast.  But that's just me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wlmmc said:

yup I’ll buy it and figure it out later…

I have done this more times that I am willing to admit--from e-bay.

This is usually where the curiosity kills the cat:character-smileys-238:.

Marble--On!!

I look for individual mibs in a jar. Price the mibs as compared to the jar price. Excess mibs get bagged to give to kids at local antique shows. Most kids hate going to shows with their parents, so getting a free bag of mibs makes them happy. I add cigar boxes as I have them for storage.

keeps my excess down and salts the community for when I start selling my collection.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mojo said:

These made me go hmmmm

I bought them al 

Waiting to arrive   then sort and see what "Vacor" or other treasure will be more inside this box 

Screenshot_20240107_121431_find.jpg

Screenshot_20240107_122803_find1.jpg

The circled one's look like they might be first run Michelangelo's ??  That white ribbon makes me have doubts though  :pirate:

1 minute ago, Chad G. said:

The circled one's look like they might be first run Michelangelo's ??  That white ribbon makes me have doubts though  :pirate:

1 certainly is 1st gen michael , others possible Kings , hope they arrive fast and i can digg in too that box , hipe there will be more to reach the surface , can only see the first layer , there is more below deck , i feel it 🤹😁 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mojo said:

These made me go hmmmm

I bought them al 

Waiting to arrive   then sort and see what "Vacor" or other treasure will be more inside this box 

Screenshot_20240107_121431_find.jpg

Screenshot_20240107_122803_find1.jpg

I'd have bought those in a heartbeat as well :D

Several nice shooters and more in there.

• Like 1