Champion Agate Cat's Eyes?

Does anyone have any confirmed examples of the cat's eyes produced by Champion Agate? I understand that they were made in limited quantities but it seems like there should be some known examples out there somewhere. I have never seen any in packaging, has anyone else?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

There are so many "filled" Champion bags out there and some have cat's-eyes (prob. MK but...?).  Here is an example.

Thanks Al, I know there are all kinds of back-filled Champion poly bags out there. I've seen the headers selling by the roll on EBay, which really complicates matters.

4 minutes ago, Nantucketdink said:

The two on the bottom right were included in this legit bag of Champions.  Although boring, the cats are unique appearing and I cannot attribute them to any other maker.

Thanks a lot for showing those, Dink. I will try to get some individual pics of mine and post them tomorrow. I agree that the Cat's Eyes in this muslin bag seem pretty unique too, and I would have a hard time attributing them to another maker. I feel the same way about a few of the clearies.

Interesting. I recently found some Champion non-swirls too. They are sort of patch type, built more like a Master. I haven't taken photos or made a post about it yet, figuring I need to get all my facts and photos and ducks in a row before posting. I think it may have been a short and even possibly accidental production, with examples and info supporting that. When I get some time I'll post about them. I'll be looking for cateyes with relation to Champ now. I love marble collecting, so fun with new challenges and possibilities all the time.

Here are a few better pics of the marbles. The clearies range from 17/32" to 7/8" and the Cat's Eyes are all 7/8" or just shy of that.

RicA0152c.thumb.jpg.15967c9c259c13a473cc8c4177766a76.jpg

RicA0152d.thumb.jpg.008d1cd7d8f48eb98b6005a55aa61343.jpg

RicA0152e.jpg.8a70ab65529f66c2767ba092287b9ead.jpg

RicA0152f.thumb.jpg.ec70da6bd6056558aa20ce6fb731c0f1.jpg

The Cat's Eyes are crude with lots of tiny bubbles and at least some space between the mostly thin translucent vanes - intriguing but not exactly pretty.

• Like 1

I agree the size would be unusual for Champion but the Cat's Eyes don't look very MK to me, unless they are dug rejects, which is also a possibility I suppose. To me, they look more like Heaton's but I think the size would be unusual for Heaton too.