The Ultimate Marble… funny

So I work with a guy who’s done it all and seen it all. You know , “The bigger, meaner, faster, better than you type. “We got to talking about snakes. He seen them all. Had several for pets and been bit by many and survived them all. After he had mesmerized us all, I asked him if he had ever seen a “Copper bellied rattle moccasin.” ……. “ No “, he said, “but I knew a guy who has one.” LOL.  Now back to marbles. Does anybody now a guy who has the Ultimate Marble, you know like a handmade cateye slagpatch swirl or a transitional corkscrew UV brick shooter. If so let’s see some pics. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, treetiger said:

I am posting a pic of what some consider the ultimate marble

At over 27,000$, the two bidding on it thought so.1.-Pink-Opaque-Lutz-300x283.png

This very old, practically mint, gold(ish) lutz ribbon with green ribbon on an extremely rare pink base went to auction and reached over 27,000$ in a bidding war. It is the most expensive marble ever bought at auction.

I wouldn’t call these the ultimate marble but they are sure nice. They’re made by Eddie Seese. The first is called a “ Rainbow”, the second is “Jellyfish field “ good” and the third is “Doctor feel good”. It looks like a bunch of marbles in side a bigger one.  I looked at Dr. feel good so long I think I hypnotized myself. 
WOW 

IMG_9002.jpeg

IMG_8999.jpeg

IMG_9001.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

You need to look at James Galloways marbles if you’re going to pursue a high dollar contemporary collection. Shawn Mc Grady is another one. He made the first Vortex in 2002ish. I met him in Phoenix. Bottom line. He’s a A$$ Hole but his marbles speak for themselves 🔥

RAR

• Sad 1

Huge ego and rude. It was kind of hard not to break one of his fingers. He was out right insulting when I told him I’m a Pelt Head. So there you have it. Sometimes the face behind the marble isn’t what you thought they would be. Galloway makes Left Twistiest as well as his Righties. So there you have it. 🔥

RAR

My meager income and tiny budget won't allow for such rarified glass treasures. But I can dream of 'the perfect marble. High end art and treasured marbles can end up owning you instead of you owning them. But.... here are some that I lust after...

8.-Single-Pontil-Birdcage.jpg

640x530 (1).jpg

spaceglass_1024x1024_2x_40fee1dd-5f1b-4900-90bc-e6c107c5d6b4.webp

glass-marble-adam-smo-1.jpg

ee0b26e7531d2025f259d51a52f3d8ac.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1