Christensen ?

B-rett66

I’ve been lookin all afternoon trying to ID a few marbles. Been reading too. Came across a description of a “Jackson” marble. Now I know these are very rare but they did say that sometimes they showed a corkscrew design.  The cut/seam line is seen on Christensen marbles and I did see one on the West Virginia club site. They got a lot of pictures of marbles. The other thing that gets me is the “cold roll” look. How many marble companies had that, or is that something that happened sometimes. I have several marbles that have that cold roll look.

IMG_9338.jpeg

IMG_9337.jpeg

IMG_9336.jpeg

• Like 1

Not Christensen, Akro or Jabo IMO, it's getting whittled down rather quickly ( do you have a size ?). I know wonky Vitro's are almost impossible to come by but I'm still gonna vote a Vitro Blackie (also known as reverse Blackies) Newer type, the base is a thin dark color w/ the veneered blue, only marble I can think of w/ that specific color combo IMO. Though I've never seen one  a fold crease or double ingot that's why I asked about the size ?? Oh, and the transparency ? I'm probably way off since I've never seen one as wonky as the OP, Vitro's quality control was unquestionably excellent. Just some food for thought   :unsure:

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50788&p=366178&hilit=vitro+anti+blackie#p366178

image.thumb.png.e61f3197b268423c497b7c9d2612310f.png

image.png.79667633f23d88169a1e567f386d5127.png

• Like 1

I don’t want to get off subject too much but I think, as everyone will agree wholeheartedly agree that every characteristic about a marble helps identify it. Like the tic marks found on Jabo, corkscrews on Akro, the 9 and tail on a MF Christiansen and certainly colors are a big giveaway. I’m still stuck on that “cold roll” look that leaves the swirled lines in the surface. I have some clear .790 marbles that have those lines in and have been told they are industrial marbles. Obviously they were not too concerned about quality but quantity. Is this a common occurrence or were some manufacturers known for letting these get by. I agree after looking at some Vitro Blackies, especially the blue ones that’s probably what it is. Chad G said that Vitros Quality control was excellent. Maybe I have a rare Vitro “flawed Blackie “Marble. $$ 😂😂…… NOT!!   I love this stuff. 

This is the older variety blackie that I have of vitro... I hope it helps. ...Still lookin' for the red shooter to complete my set. The marbles pictured above with black poles and colorful belts are the newer version. Hang on to the one you have. Start a set...

IMG_20240218_013049091.jpg