Alox or Veligglas ?

B-rett66

I found some good pics of this marble on Joesmarble page and thought I might have an Alox marble. Then I found some very similar pics on this sight in the archives and that are identified as Veligglass. UV pops like crazy. Which one do you all think. 

IMG_9517.jpeg

IMG_9513.jpeg

IMG_9519.jpeg

IMG_9521.jpeg

• Like 3

Hmmm it does look out of round judging by the last image.

Alox marbles are a confusing bunch.

Alox purchased marbles from other companies and sold them as their own.

I would call this one a WVS of some make.

The white looks good enough to be batch glass--or glass made from a recipe rather than cullet from another glass maker.

This is about all that I can offer.

Marble--On!!

Thanks Akrooka, 

I'll probably still continue to look on the side, I'm with you that it's a WVS of some sort. I have seen some that are very similar marbles but can't remember were I seen them. The West Virginia companies do have some interesting history. It's kinda like "who's on first".  This marble could have been made by Heaton, packaged by Alox in a Cairo mesh bag marked as a Champion. Crazy, I love this stuff 

• Like 1

I’m goin go out on a limb and put this out there. This is the whole leaning process. I came across a green base Akro Snake. Colors look good but no spiral. Could be a crazy spin in the machine. Probably not, I just thought I’d put this in the mix. The other marble is a Peltier Emerald Jewel. Colors are good and there is a vibrant white on the surface. It is kinda hard to see but there is a seem visible it the last photo. This one has two ribbons. I read some could have four. Like I said I’m learning and I like to get to the bottom of a mystery. I know some of these marbles will never identified because of the complexities but I’ll have the satisfaction of leaving no stone or “marble” untuned. Good night all. Thanks for all the help. 

IMG_9555.jpeg

IMG_9556.png

IMG_9552.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, B-rett66 said:

I’m goin go out on a limb and put this out there. This is the whole leaning process. I came across a green base Akro Snake. Colors look good but no spiral. Could be a crazy spin in the machine. Probably not, I just thought I’d put this in the mix. The other marble is a Peltier Emerald Jewel. Colors are good and there is a vibrant white on the surface. It is kinda hard to see but there is a seem visible it the last photo. This one has two ribbons. I read some could have four. Like I said I’m learning and I like to get to the bottom of a mystery. I know some of these marbles will never identified because of the complexities but I’ll have the satisfaction of leaving no stone or “marble” untuned. Good night all. Thanks for all the help. 

IMG_9555.jpeg

IMG_9556.png

IMG_9552.jpeg

No Akro, no Peltier, no Veiligglas, you're whittling it down there, fewer and fewer options will ultimately lead to the proper I.D. or @ least leave one of 2 choices. Let the fun begin   :party-243: 

Yes the fun has started. I’ll eventually find a good match. Those two caught my eye and I couldn’t resist showing them. I’ll continue to look at WVS like Akrooka suggested. I’m going to get out the Sherlock Holmes hat and magnifying glass. LOL 

• Haha 1