ID help please

Pieces

Found this today in a unlabeled cloth pouch that has been in a Rubbermaid tub in the attic for about 20 years, kinda looks like it's never been touched before. Also kinda looks like a knock off wanna be Coach bag (brick?) or something. 21/32, a muted tomato iron red, black, & I don't know...cloud?

Thanks!

20240307_101140.jpg

20240307_101150.jpg

20240307_101215.jpg

20240307_101229.jpg

20240307_101245.jpg

• Like 5

Ohhh!
Not a cloud--this much we can all agree on.
It is a hand-gathered marble and I agree with MFC.
If you are selling this one is suggest this link for a further evaluation—top notch and he will tell you what you have for sure. My advice—take his advice, swallow the percentage and get top dollar.
https://www.marbleauctions.com/
This is a really hard find imho, very rare indeed.
Nice stuff—thanks for sharing it.
Let us know what you do—I will be watching for one—good luck!
Marble—On!!

Much of what can be seen in the photos has my contemporary bell ringing.  That includes the 'brick' color/glass texture - pattern - super glossiness-  just about everything about it is suspect from these photos IMHO.

Good Lord!! I vote a very nice 20-ish year old contemporary handmade marble with a '9' and it's own cloth bag. Put a note in with it and follow akroorka's advice. You have a special and spectacular marble! Don't mess with it. And congrats on finding such a wonderful treasure!

treetiger,  you added a very important clue. I wished I have read the post all the way through. An unlabeled cloth bag that resembles a knock off coach. That was probably the bag it was put in by the maker. Just speculation, but has to be added to the investigation. Elementary my dear Watson, elementary. I love this stuff. LOL Very nice marble.    

• Like 1

OK, I blew some dust off the books today and did some searching.

"Collecting Early Machine-made Marbles"---Robert S. Block; page 65, the lower two.

It is getting quite dusty and I may be out for a while--lol.

Marble--On!!