Can You ‘Ear Me Now ????

Fire1981

I need some schoolin on this one. Please correct me on this because I want to learn from this. I'm definitley starting to distinguish certian characteristics between certian marbles and hope to continue. I've come to learn how the Peltier slags have the fine lines that define them. The 9 and tail on an MF christensen is not too hard and a CAC slag will have 1 or 2 seams. Then there is always colors too. On the Marble Alan page I've read, quote " Perhaps the best way to identify an Akro Agate slag is not by any particular feature but rather lack of features."  So no fine line feathering, no 9 and tail and  no noticable seams. I see seam lines in photo #1 and #3 .  Now it does go on to say early Akro Agate marbles were hand gathered so could this be an early Akro Agate Slag. I'm not trying to rock the boat, I'm just trying to row the same direction.  Thanks all, I love this stuff.   

Yes, Yes. Slags are fun and very cool. You are so right in saying, "then theres the ones we post here"  LOL!!  That is so true. It's really a great place to share a cool find with folks that appreciate it too.