Nlrs Vs. Rainbos

VTAndrea

Wow, Sami and Carole!

Great thread, thank you for posting this it. And Andrea, I'm really glad you brought this up. I didn't understand Alan's ID of that one as an NLR either and the more I see, the more I am willing to trust my own ID's with Pelt NLRs vs. Rainbos (and the less worried I am about "the rules".)

Sword44

I know no one seems to like to Question Alans IDs but it really only pisses him off a little.(LOL) This is one I would question. And I am sure he has a reason for calling it a NLR. The problem I have, is if I imagine the transparent as white and the ribbons being colored I see a Rainbo. Peace,Galen

I am the new owner of this one. I bid cause I liked it but it is rainbo all the way to me. Not NLR. I can' wait to see it but it'll be awhile since Alan doesn't take paypal and we have to wait for snailmail now. Bummer.

carole

I emailed Alan and here was his reasoning:

My explanation was that some Peltier marbles could fall into either category, NLR or rainbo..I would consider these transitional from one to the other. What convinced me that this one was earlier, and therefore probably NLR, are the colors and quality of the glass, which to my eye are superior to what one would expect from the cheaper war-era glass used by the company. That said, I may be wrong--it wouldn't be the first time--but I have to go with my gut. ~~~Alan