Cac Trans Swirls

mibstified

Mibsters:

Long time lurker venturing out into post-land.........now that I have a decent camera (which I'm slowly getting the hang of). I was fortunate to purchase most of the marbles pic'd below in an auction lot with a bunch of CAC opaque swirls and Bloodies. Based on their color, as-mades and bubbles, I had suspected that these might be CAC transparent swirls. After communicating with a few long time knowledgeable CAC gurus, I have come to learn that these are likely CAC trans swirls, that the "old timers" used to refer to as "Snooties". I will upload some additional pics in a following post as I've kept the resolution pretty high and will run out of space. I also have deep purple, light yellow and light green examples that I've yet to photograph. I believe that the red trans swirls are what some have referred to as "Red Jennys". Regardless of what they are called or who may have manufactured them, they are gorgeous mibs. Hope you have fun viewing them.

post-119-1200782133_thumb.jpg

post-119-1200782178_thumb.jpg

post-279-1221926541_thumb.jpg

Hey:

Modforms, & MrsMo they are definately sweet. Dave, the amber based with blue ribbons are interesting in that on the surface, the ribbons are blue but appear white when they dip subsurface.

VTAndrea, none of these have cut lines but have construction similar to CAC opaque swirls with random surface and subsurface ribbons, only the base glass is transparent. I'll post some individual mibs showing more detail.

Mibsters:

Long time lurker venturing out into post-land.........now that I have a decent camera (which I'm slowly getting the hang of). I was fortunate to purchase most of the marbles pic'd below in an auction lot with a bunch of CAC opaque swirls and Bloodies. Based on their color, as-mades and bubbles, I had suspected that these might be CAC transparent swirls. After communicating with a few long time knowledgeable CAC gurus, I have come to learn that these are likely CAC trans swirls, that the "old timers" used to refer to as "Snooties". I will upload some additional pics in a following post as I've kept the resolution pretty high and will run out of space. I also have deep purple, light yellow and light green examples that I've yet to photograph. I believe that the red trans swirls are what some have referred to as "Red Jennys". Regardless of what they are called or who may have manufactured them, they are gorgeous mibs. Hope you have fun viewing them.

If I keep looking at these fantastic marbles I am going to get hooked, and not sell any of them. These are breathtaking. It makes me wonder about my big white, ? cat eye?? Nice job with the pictures.

Barb

Isn't that amber & blue a "Blue Lace?" (oops, that was answered while I was typing!!)

Barb, trust me.... If you can say that much about them, you ARE hooked!!! ROFL Becareful about selling and regretting!!

I think, if you look very hard at these and then at your white marble, you'll see that the swirls in these are very distinct and have a curled ribbon-like shape...

Your white is either a Cat's Eye (I'm still not sure, but I can see what others see to lean towards it) or, it also falls into the similar category of swirls... But, from a different company. The swirls are not as distinct, the base glass in not as clear and (as I remember) doesn't it have some teeny streaks of a darker color in it??

Absotively gorgeous! Easy to get hooked on these little lovelies, Barb.

Just when I am about to give up, I see beauties like these and figure, someday I may be so lucky. I'm still just a beginner at this, so thanx mibstified for bringing hope back.

:-) Felicia

I've had these 3 marbles stored in my misc. box due to not having a clue about maker, but after studying the mibstified photos, I'm wondering if any of these are the snotties or snooties or even a Red Jenny. Tell me what you think. This first one is transparent amber with absolutely opaque white.

amber.jpg

The next one looks quite a lot like the blue one posted above.

blue.jpg

The red appears opaque in my photo but it's transparent. The white, however, isn't quite as opaque as the first 2 examples.

red.jpg

Hello VTAndrea:

The first two sure look similar in color and construction. The third one is a little different in color and the base glass shows more translucent than transparent, but who knows what variation of glasses and colors might be "out there" having similar diving-surfacing ribbon construction?

I know that these are not Japanese transitionals (as much as some of them remind me of them...) But, I'm still curious about the sizes, here.... Are these all in the general 5/8" ballpark??

(Jap. Trans. would be smaller...)

:blush: Ooops, that's right!!

I purchased a BUNCH of Japanese trannies a long time ago... All of them were peewees... So, I focus on that size...

But, yes...

I have seen the other sizes!!! We had some in one of our fundraiser auctions and I BID on it!!! I just can't seem to register that in my head!!!

At this age, I have so much stuff crammed in my head, I have to be careful what more I learn...

It's getting to the point where if I put anything new in, something else falls out....

That must have been one of the things that fell out............... :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

One big difference would be the pontil on the Japanese transitional. iiuc.

uh, sorry for the delay in answering. I was trying to allow time for an expert to weigh in, then the thread sort of slipped off the page. :-)

Guest browse4antiques

I'm a bit surprised at both of the statements about the sizes of Japanese "pinch-pontils". I have found that they are mostly either 11/16" or 9/16", with far less that are either 5/8" or 1/2", which always made me believe that the 5/8" and the 1/2" were just accidental variations from the other two sizes. (then of course there are the 15/16" and the 9/8" sizes). ... Roger