Random Non-Marble Eye Candy ( :

Steph

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I've got such a plant at my office desk. From the front it looks like an open mouth waiting just to snatch some unwary fingers coming too close. A colleague really asked if this is a kind of carnivorous plant - and I told him 'YES' :badgrin: ... now he always keeps some distance. Need to make a reminder for 1st of april next year: put a warning sign near the plant.

• 3 weeks later...

Those owls are Truelly spectacular. I can still vividly remember the one that decided to spend the winter 73/74 at Humboldt Bay while I was in school studying Wildlife Management at HSU. We went to see it quite a few times where it settled in(group of fence posts on the spit.

I left some great googling material in that paragraph

:lol: Ric, I definitely need to ask you about this one!

The image I just saw here is a tiny candle flame with a large black background.

Coupled with your title, I was rolling on the floor and thinking it was the most

amusing 'concept' I'd seen since I can't remember when!

But then I did a little 'sophisticated forensic photo manipulation' :rolleyes: on it, and found

that it was so much more! It's fantastic either way! ( :

Hoody, your screen is too bright! ( :

(This may not actually be true. Maybe this was a 'freak occurrence' for me.)

But in the next few days, I'm going to post a black and white marble photo (a 'Zebra'

would probably be good!) with the marble next to a black/grays/white 'gradation' test chart.

I don't want anyone looking at the exquisitely exposed and processed shadows and

highlights in my photos with a 'radioactive' monitor!

Ha! Just kidding. I'm so 'full of myself'! :P

Is it true that that candle could be seen a mile away on a perfectly dark evening?

One thing is for sure . . . in 100% complete cave-darkness that candle threw an amazing amount of light. It is true, ANY light is better than NO light.

(If you have a hard time seeing the cave, stand up. No kidding, the viewing angle will make it easier to see.)

• 2 weeks later...