Vitro... Conqueror?

sprchik

Vitro, yes.  

I think it's a blackline All-Red.  But an unusual one since it is white on the end where we expect a color patch.  

I don't know what to say about the yellow-ish area.  I'm going with "blackline All-Red".  

Can you please explain to me why you think Black Line All Red over Conqueror? There's gotta be something here I'm not understanding/seeing, and hearing why you think that would really help me out I think. 

Because I did consider the Black Line All Red... but had dismissed it due to how much the black here fades down into the white (and, an extra color I seem to be missing).  Most  the  pics I looked at of Black Line All Reds had very distinct, clean, crisp white... I didn't see any bleeding of the black into such a huge portion of the white. While most  of the  pics I found of this color Conqueror showed considerable black smearing into the white. 

My white is very dirty/messy...

20171217_233402_zpsjxy4krl8.jpg

I'm pretty sure the yellowish is just a result of the bright light. Here's a comparison pic of that area -- super bright light, and not so bright light: 

20171217_232846_zps7gpbp61z.jpg

I mean I'm no expert obviously, lol, I was just explaining my thinking. My thinking could very well be totally wrong, and the cleaness of the white means nothing. Would love to hear your thinking, so I can understand your POV here. Thanks! :D

think i see what your missing mate Conqueror should be a non coloured transparent base/sphere with a veneer of a coloured patch and white

all red is a white non transparant base /sphere with red patch on the north pole a white belt around the equator and a coloured patch on the other pole 

all red black line  is a whitecoloured non transparant base /sphere with red patch on the north pole and the black line on the equator and a coloured patch at the other pole 

the yellow on this example is just a thining of the red veneer the thicker/deeper the red veneer the richer the red, as the veneer  thins the white base takes over and dilutes the richness of the red making it appear yellow and not an added colour

:blush: hope thats correct and worded ok

6 hours ago, jeeperman said:

That is the feel I got from it as well, just a bit wonky.  It is partly about the feel after viewing enough of them, you get to know the glass, color and movement. All that adds up to a wonky Blackline all-red for me.

Thanks! Well I look forward to seeing a lot more of every type of marble, and getting to know them like that... still a long way to go it seems! 

50 minutes ago, godown said:

think i see what your missing mate Conqueror should be a non coloured transparent base/sphere with a veneer of a coloured patch and white

Whoa -- ok yeah that definitely corrects my understanding, if that's what a Conqueror is. I know I searched this forum for Vitro Conqueror, and didn't see any that looked like mine... and thought it was strange that ones I did see had a transparent base glass. Because the first ones I had seen were at joemarbles -- and there are a bunch labeled Conqueror that don't look transparent to me: 

Conqueror 1, Conqueror 2, Conqueror 3, Conqueror 4, Conqueror 5, Conqueror 6, Conqueror 7, Conqueror 8, Conqueror 9...

I'm seeing no transparency on any of those -- am I just totally seeing them wrong, and what I think is white is actually transparent??? That would definitely explain my misunderstanding!

Ooo... just seeing this pic of a Black Line All Red over there: Black Line All Red.... and that V-shaped orange dip, and how the black is structured by it, looks nearly identical to mine. There doesn't even appear to be a patch of color either. So yeah I'm definitely seeing that call now. 

Thanks, I didn't find that pic, cool! Yeah that pic/post wasn't in my search results for 'Vitro Conqueror'... (searched for Vitro conqueror, no quotes -- only 3 pages of results, 64 posts. Well 66 now including this thread).  There were only 2 posts in the "Mostly Pix - Vitro" thread that were in the search results for Vitro conqueror -- this one, and this one with missing pics. I checked out the rest of each page that each of those posts were on, but didn't look through all 245 replies in the thread -- guess I should have! 

I don't know if this helps any, but since the lighting is so different from the pics I took, I figured they might be useful? My lighting was so bright, I think it washed out the color a bit (hence making that one part look a bit yellow).

These are some pics the seller took: 

20171218_102655_zpsf2sspino.jpg

My pic again, for easy comparison: 

20171217_212507_zps8kfdjj59.jpg

Colors look way richer in the seller's lighting... holy cow, the difference in the top right pic in each collage! 

2 hours ago, godown said:

Blakies are patched the same colour on both poles with the brown equator  cobber

Generally yes - but you do get odd ones where the black is so far from the equator that it pretty much forms a pole patch - although looking at Al's photo the same thing happens with some Black Line All Reds...