Do You Believe In Magic? 09 Joker Ii Encore Run (4/23/09)

Bocci

JABO MAGIC.....that IS.

The JABO and JOKER doing it, DOING IT.

The 2009 JOKER II ENCORE RUN (4/23/09) completed.

(CREAM of CROP RUN) I have been told that marbles in this run are some of the BEST that were ever made. WOW!!!

LOOK for SPECIAL 50ct. BOXED COLLECTORS SETS (50 ea. cherry hand picked jabos to be included in each box).

Can't wait to see these.....Who has pictures?

Good for them!

The partners were relatives RickHall and EdParsons as well as the two Florida buddies Bermar and Al Summer. Rumor has it that the Last Hurrah was there with other invited guests.

They reportedly got 84 cases (1500 x 84) plus their washout from the day before the run.

Another rumor is that the machine clogged up and was down for a couple of hours. There appearred to be some foreign matter that some how got intothe mix.

Some are supposed to be real pretty.

JABO MAGIC.....that IS.

The JABO and JOKER doing it, DOING IT.

The 2009 JOKER II ENCORE RUN (4/23/09) completed.

(CREAM of CROP RUN) I have been told that marbles in this run are some of the BEST that were ever made. WOW!!!

LOOK for SPECIAL 50ct. BOXED COLLECTORS SETS (50 ea. cherry hand picked jabos to be included in each box).

Can't wait to see these.....Who has pictures?

Thanks Bocci,

We are very pleased with this Dave McCullough Tribute run.

Just returned so here is a quick picture of the Box.

I will post sample pictures of the marbles as soon as I can pull some out of the boxes.

Dave has personally signed each box.

Private sales only. No ebay listings. Interested? Contact Rick Hall, Ed Parsons, Burt Wilkins, or Al Sumner.

Limited to a total of 100 boxes.

post-254-1240707374_thumb.jpg

Burt

Wow!

100 boxes for $30,000. They sure are nice.

We the Trubutes, are complimented that the Jokers would copy our name of Tribute to salute David as we did specifically in our first Tribute Run. Copying is the greatest form of flattery.

They also copied us and David after David had named a marble "Mylee" in honor of his grand daughter ..."because it is the red,white, and blue I always wanted. This marble is Mylee." That was a very pretty marble from the Tribute to Friendship run.

We are very complimented and pleased that they use the always safe and usually successful marketing technique of following the leader.

The following is a list of the Tributes. Steve Sturtz, Cathy Runyan-Svaina and Larry Svacina, Ron Shepherd, David Chamberlain, Brett Chamberlain, David Tamulevich, Edna and Weldon Eaton, Marlow Peterson, Michael Johnson, Bill McCaleb, Denis Andelin, Jim Storsberg, Windy Turpin, Lee Linne, Jack Labbe, Bob Byard, Bruce Burkhart, KT Junget, John Watkins, Lou Campanara, Dorothy Camp, Stephanie Harrison, Debbie and Steve Amburn, Howard and Julia Powell, Frank and Ruby Sellers, Michael Warnelis, Frank McLaren, Carroll Collier, Dan Grocki, Homer Daugherty, Nola Morgan, Bob Neff, Gale Booth, Mary Knudsen, Steve Pletcher, Bert Cohen, Ken House, Tom Jinks, and David Alan Griffie.

Helping us with our runs were Sammy Hogue and Dale Simmons. We consider them Tributes because of their great contributions to our runs.

This group is not a group of capitalists and opportunists, but rather a group who have supported David McCullough and JABO for many years.

We the Trubutes, are complimented that the Jokers would copy our name of Tribute to salute David as we did specifically in our first Tribute Run. Copying is the greatest form of flattery.

This group is not a group of capitalists and opportunists, but rather a group who have supported David McCullough and JABO for many years.

Gee Steve.. do I detect some Sour Grapes???

Burt Those are some great looking Marbles!!!

You should be proud of a job well done.

What a gorgeous box! Who made that..it's a treasure on its own.

Beautiful marbles have once again come across the Jabo machinery to add to the joys they bring to so many, not to mention another page in the history books...creativity at Jabo abounds!

Have a great day!

:-) Felicia

I want to apologize for using the word "Tribute" above. I was not attempting to steal the word from another run. My intention was to indicate that we had made this run in "honor" of Dave McCullough, and I used the word to help express that thought.

I was unaware that that word was reserved for independent usage only. I am very sorry.

Now for something pleasantly surprising. I just opened another box and here's what I found.

Thanks all, for your kind remarks.

Burtpost-254-1240772544_thumb.jpg

I want to apologize for using the word "Tribute" above. I was not attempting to steal the word from another run. My intention was to indicate that we had made this run in "honor" of Dave McCullough, and I used the word to help express that thought.

I was unaware that that word was reserved for independent usage only. I am very sorry.

Now for something pleasantly surprising. I just opened another box and here's what I found.

Thanks all, for your kind remarks.

Burtpost-254-1240772544_thumb.jpg

The word Tribute is not reserved or copyrighted. We are very complimented and pleased to see a major change in the Joker marketing postion that brings more unity to all of the runs. Prior to these two runs the Joker presentation and marketing was about who the Jokers are as patrons of the arts and not JABO or your pretty mables.

I think it is great.

Both of the runs are great. I am happy they turned out so well. Whether you're making the marbles for the joy or for money should be up to each people of the runs. They are the ones putting up the money. The Jokers have said from the beginning that its investment to make money. I know they also asked some people before these last two runs on some advise on patterns and which color combinations go best for eye appeal. It is nice to see that some of those color combinations came to fruition. In other words they did their homework.

They paid their dues to Dave and keeping money to Jabo to work longer. Every run has done this. You should be glad they put money into the Jabo workers pockets. That is what you talked before of these experimental runs. Putting money into Jabo and keeping workers longer.

Yet its the Jokers that get the most talked about. Why is this? Is their marbles any better than the other runs? It is up to the consumers to decide this. They are the ones that ultimately set prices. Steve, you have always said you hated the way they market the Jokers. Why begrudge their marketing? It does sound like you are jealous in some way. Are you jealous that your hand wasnt somehow in the pot?

Will I get any of these? You bet. They are pretty marbles. Eventually, I will get some from all the Jabo runs from 2008. Each run has their own special appeal. So, to all great job!

Clyde

No Clyde, I have not posted any such thing. I have been very supportive of all the runs since it was my idea to do them. I hope every marble is better than the next and have from day. If you don't be lieve me, then I suggest you take the advice of an expert who regularlly said "call Dave."

I think Steve meant to say, "I hope every marble is better than the 'last'". If a marble is better than the "next", that means each new marble is worse than the last. Just a thought.

I know he didn't mean that and that he is deeply pleased that the Joker II Encore Run is so nice.

Thank you for your support, Steve.

Burt

I think Steve meant to say, "I hope every marble is better than the 'last'". If a marble is better than the "next", that means each new marble is worse than the last. Just a thought.

I know he didn't mean that and that he is deeply pleased that the Joker II Encore Run is so nice.

Thank you for your support, Steve.

Burt

Burt, Thank you for the grammar help which I desperately need. I hope each suceeding marble is better than the one before it.