Could I See Some F L A M E S

MrsMopar

Mmuehlba...fantastic! That sure is a wild blue one. That's also the first I've heard the term slag-flame.

Steph, Champ? Did they have flame-ish ones too?

Thanx for showing these...I don't think the 2nd one in my picture could be one after seeing what's been posted so far but the other..hmmm, maybe?

:-) Felicia

Here are some Vacor Flames, not what you were expecting but hey... you did say flames! lol

post-1945-1244166708_thumb.jpg

And I think these are bigger Vacor Flames, *On the right side of pic*, although they do not have a single vane inside.

post-1945-1244166860_thumb.jpg

God Bless!!

VTAndrea, thank you. And, hey, on those Ravenswood and/or Alley ones, the first and last ones, are those on transparent bases? They make me back-track and think maybe my second one might be one after all.(?)

True Gary, and those are good examples to show the difference in what are known as Vacor flames, as well as show the similarity to a banana cat's eye, thank you.

So we have CAC, Alley, Slag-flames, Ravenswood, Champion and the Vacors. Anything else? Anyone else? Any in my favourite color purple? lol

I always enjoy looking at marble pictures.

Thanx again everyone and have a blessed weekend!

I never thought of Peltier slags -- like the "wild blue one" -- as flames. Thanks for the new perspective on a type of marble I'm very fond of, and have quite a few of, as a result. My small flame collection has just increased a hundred-fold!

Ann

Well, that's another new one for me, Euro-flames...too kewl! Thank you ziggyzora, those are amazing!

Marblemiser, thank you they are beautiful! The one in the middle even captures the coloring and firey look, awesome!

Have a great weekend!

Some clarification. Those Vacor de Mexico "flames" are actually cat's-eyes of the banana variety at least the first picture noted in this thread. They did actually call them Flamas and they are from the 1980s.

Re. Ravenswood Flames. Far and few between! In the over 30,000 that I've had th occasion to go through from the 1987 find in WV I found only a couple that I felt convinced enough to actually sell as Ravenswood Flames. Even in the Ravenswood marbles I've seen from other sources that are unlike the 1987 find there's not all that much to credit the marbles with flame-like action. You've just got to love them for other reasons!

Oh, and those Flamas had an irridescence(sp?) to them. David Chamberlain

Bill,nice pictures of Mr. Big. But it is still much more eye popping in hand,and with 25-30 points. You have your work ahead of you to ever find one better. Mellow Yellow,with a new home,was also a top of the Alley line. As you know it is only going to get more difficult and require more cash.