Slmtu::lil Critters

duffy

no makers mark...ya can tell by the seedy glass and the ground bottom where they took the stem off...miser i usually get 15$ for em...they also come in white and the very rare slag....i guess you could name your price....

got some elephants steve. somewhere. i'm movin and stuff is ... somewhere .... i don't see the scruff mark on the bottom dani. gotta have it. i'll be back .... when this movin is done. be safe all ... marble on. bill

after i typed that answer i could vagely remember an ele-fant...duh...im sure ya got one off me now...i see em so rarely...but the ground off place where the stem was removed is a dead give away....that one little antique store out the on u.s.-50 near pennsboro had lots of em...i got all the ones that were decent...sorry bout the misinformation there dani....the mind is a terrible thing to lose....

So what made a marble company make little animal figurines? And what year did they start doing this? and until when abouts did they stop? What other stuff did Alley make if any? Thanks! :) I just think its facinating to see what else these companies produced.

God Bless!

Were they a marble company? ;) (lol)

Before Alley moved to Pennsboro they were The Lawrence Glass Novelty Co. And then even though their official name in Pennsboro was Alley Agate they were supposedly known as "the dish factory" to the locals. (source: AMMM, pp. 36, 37)