Jabo Is Now The Big Dog! Cac Is Not

I have an extensive collection of old and new marbles and unfortunately the future for expensive CAC marbles is limited. The $500+ marble collectors segment just isn't growing very much, if anything it is shrinking. Don't get me wrong CACs are great and hard to come by but unless we build a new generation's interest in marbles and marble collecting the days of $800 exotics and guineas are numbered.

The new Jabo Tribute to Legacy marbles are bright, bold, and unique. Jabo only makes a few thousand of each color combination unlike the "millions" that some would want you to believe. The glass that Jabo uses is expensive and high quality. As for me I will continue to build a collection of old and new but I won't be spending much on CACs anymore. The new Jabos are just too good!

post-2476-125972901609_thumb.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What Galen says is absolutely correct. I love the Jabos and lots of them are beautiful. As I am writing, I am sorting and grading a box of real nice Jabo Joker Rainbows. My personal marble collection contains more Jabo Experimentals than vintage. But, if someone gave me a box this size filled with 1,500 high-end CAC's, I'd have to change my Depends.

However, for this "marble-collecting minute" I say "Yes To Jabos", and keep on collecting vintage.

Burt

Burt,

Glad to see your still hanging in there buddy. :cool-smileys-262: You know I read your reply and it stuck in my mind. :confused-smileys-17: The longer I thought about it I begain to think about the reasons why I collect marbles and what the meaning was to me. You see I have some Jabo marbles, they are nice, yet they do not appeal to me in the way they do for other folks. I wondered why, I started with Akro, then went to Peltier and CAC. I never had any interest in anything else. Then one day I found a Master Marble I liked, now I have a nice little collection of maybe a hundred. :rolleyes: Then the same thing happened to me with Marble King. This past year was no different, while at Sistersville, after you left, I met a man who had some mibs and I bought some and when I wnet through them I found an Alley that was green with oxblood. The cool thing was that the oxblood was seperated and it flowed with the flames. It is so cool, I'll show you next year at the show. My point with that is now I have a collection started with Alley Flames. :music-rocker-001:

As marble collectors, should we not support anyone's likes no matter the marble type, maker, age or design. We are all (I thought) collecting for the love of marbles and what they mean to each of us. To put Jabo marbles down is like telling your wife dinner sucked, it's an insult that will only leave you alone. As I said, I am nopt big on Jabo, would I pay for them, maybe, maybe not, but I would not dethrown someone who likes them. Everyone must remember too, that the level of money people have for marbles varies and this may be what someone can afford. And yes some of them are very eye appealing. So let's all think about why we collect and be nicer to our fellow collectors and support thier likes and desires as they were our own. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. You may be doing more harm to yourself in the long run.

Let's all collect in peace and enjoy each others company while we are on this earth. :white-flag-25: Smart remarks or general put downs don't make anyone smarted or look better. To understand another humans interest and to support it is bliss.

So to all my collecting friends to those friends I have not met yet, I enjoy what you enjoy and I hope your joy is met while life is still ours to hold.

Peace to all and I hope you all get the mib ( what ever kind) from Santa this year. :o

Your Pal SNYD