Jabo Is Now The Big Dog! Cac Is Not

JABO has far exceeded CAC in prettiness. That is very apparent when you see the Joker Rainbows which have up to 12...yes 12 colors...and the JABOs any JABOs are much rarer than CAC. Six colors are common in these beautiful JABO Rainbow marbles.

The last run of the year is in the offing. Will it be the last run ever?...I'll bet not...

Oh yeah, JABO flames are here. Just check the Rainbows and wonder what is next...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JABO has far exceeded CAC in prettiness. That is very apparent when you see the Joker Rainbows which have up to 12...yes 12 colors...and the JABOs any JABOs are much rarer than CAC. Six colors are common in these beautiful JABO Rainbow marbles.

The last run of the year is in the offing. Will it be the last run ever?...I'll bet not...

Oh yeah, JABO flames are here. Just check the Rainbows and wonder what is next...

What Jabo could possibly be rarer than a 3/4 CAC flame or A 3/4 CAC guinea? If your going to break it down to color combos I am sure if anyone bothered there are some extremely rare guines types (red and yellow)maybe 5 known)no white possibly less than 100 3/4+ mint 3 color flames probably 1-200 max. There are more than a million new Run Jabos already made. And most all are still around.

Sure there were more CACs made but the ammount of mint examples of every type still available is just a fraction of the ammount of Rainbows made IMO. . And you are talking about a modern collectible made for collecters. Not a marble made for a kid to play with. Sure kids get to play with some of the ugly ones but that was not why the people invested in their production. It was to sell to Collecters!!!!!Two different beasts completely. Oh by the way there were less than 8 mint guines and no 3/4 guineas at the Vegas show. But there were Thousands of Rainbows. And some are pretty, but even putting them in the same area of collecting as CACs is rediculous IMO. And if you asked the right person at the show you could have gotten some rainbows for free. And if you wanted sets they were $30.oo for ten different types. I didn't see anyone giving away CACs

What Galen says is absolutely correct. I love the Jabos and lots of them are beautiful. As I am writing, I am sorting and grading a box of real nice Jabo Joker Rainbows. My personal marble collection contains more Jabo Experimentals than vintage. But, if someone gave me a box this size filled with 1,500 high-end CAC's, I'd have to change my Depends.

However, for this "marble-collecting minute" I say "Yes To Jabos", and keep on collecting vintage.

Burt

Can you say "forced collectable", that is what all Jabo's are! I will not pay more than 5 cents each for any Jabo! In no way does Jabo compare to C.A.C. not even if they had a hundred colors. My honest opinion of these forced collectable Jabo marbles is they de-value all the good collectable marbles. Any who see it different, are of a lesser brain capacity.

Or they just have a bunch of Jabos to sell and promote!!!! Some of them are actually pretty smart.Probably smarter than I am. They have kept it going and made a lot of money. But I do deeply wish none of these new runs had ever been made. But have excepted them for what they are. A modern collectible made with expensive art glass to attract collecters. They belong with vintage marbles as much as the chinese made reproductions belong with vintage antiques. Man if the Chinese had some of the same promoters for their crap as the New runs do they would really be selling. For some reason these collectibles are being pawned off as comparible to Vintage stuff. Only in this hobby would that be allowed to happen. Bring a modern tin toy reproduction to a vintage toy collecters show and see what happens. Or bring the new art glass recasts to a vintage glass show and try and sell them, I bet a lynching would be involved somewhere. But since these new collectibles are made on some old machines at a American plant and have had some over the top promotions many have come to accept them. oh well, I even have some, a few are good looking. But please do not ever compare them to vintage marbles,, That is an insult IMO. And please remember this is all JMO

Any who see it different, are of a lesser brain capacity.

Sorry... But, I think that whole philosophy reflects on itself!!

Let's face it, this entire hobby is a forced collectible. Marbles are not a necessary commodity. We can't eat them. They don't keep us warm or healthy.... In the event of a nuclear holocost, they would be one of the last things we would need to survive (I speak for most humans... Maybe not US....)

Their value is based on how much anyone is willing to pay for them... Pretty much the same as any other luxury item. Jabos are no different... Yes, an antique is limited to how many exist.

Well... So are Jabos. Is Steve's title for real??? Noooooo.... But, let's face it. People will pay what they want to own what they want... No one is FORCING anything...

Am I crazy to buy Jabos?? I guess that depends on why I'm buying them....

Am I crazy to buy ANY marble for more than 5¢?? I guess that's my decision, right??

If I like a marble and I can afford it, I'm gonna buy it...

Who's business is it to tell me that it's crap if it's a Jabo, a Vacor, a machine made, a handmade, or a rare perfectly round gemstone puked up by the sea??

I think anyone who is getting involved with these marbles realizes the gamble is just that...

There should be no fear of people investing their life's savings in these because they will be worth millions in our life-time....

If there are any here who believe that, I have this bridge for sale............. ;)

(PS... Spoken by one who once firmly believed anyone who collected ANY machine made marble was a complete lunatic!! :confused-smileys-327:

Time changes EVERYTHING!!! ;) )

What Jabo could possibly be rarer than a 3/4 CAC flame or A 3/4 CAC guinea? If your going to break it down to color combos I am sure if anyone bothered there are some extremely rare guines types (red and yellow)maybe 5 known)no white possibly less than 100 3/4+ mint 3 color flames probably 1-200 max. There are more than a million new Run Jabos already made. And most all are still around.

Sure there were more CACs made but the ammount of mint examples of every type still available is just a fraction of the ammount of Rainbows made IMO. . And you are talking about a modern collectible made for collecters. Not a marble made for a kid to play with. Sure kids get to play with some of the ugly ones but that was not why the people invested in their production. It was to sell to Collecters!!!!!Two different beasts completely. Oh by the way there were less than 8 mint guines and no 3/4 guineas at the Vegas show. But there were Thousands of Rainbows. And some are pretty, but even putting them in the same area of collecting as CACs is rediculous IMO. And if you asked the right person at the show you could have gotten some rainbows for free. And if you wanted sets they were $30.oo for ten different types. I didn't see anyone giving away CACs

Back in the roaring 20's they didn't even know the different tempature colors melt at and look how chrissys turned out. Wonder what glass mibs is going to look like in 2090. And talk price....First run Jabo's where 20 bucks...At Vegas you could get em for 50 cents (thanks Galen).....lol Steve

Can you say "forced collectable", that is what all Jabo's are! I will not pay more than 5 cents each for any Jabo! In no way does Jabo compare to C.A.C. not even if they had a hundred colors. My honest opinion of these forced collectable Jabo marbles is they de-value all the good collectable marbles. Any who see it different, are of a lesser brain capacity.

now wait a minute. you were giving an opinion and it was very well worded but then you threw in a statement that condemned anyone who thinks unlike you. so you are now the all knowing all wise and anyone who disagrees is mentally disabled compared to you. wow that is an "ism" of some sort. I just won't dedicate the time to find out which one it is. Mr. Spurtz would know I bet.

I'm wondering.............

whether a marble is antique, vintage or new or whether it is a collectible or made for collector's, isn't it all in personal preference?

I think it's wonderful that folks contribute to these Jabo runs, which, if you think about it, is one of the last remaining marble making company's left in the USA.

I've been researching decorative pottery lately and what sold relatively inexpensively 50+ years ago, has quite a market going for itself, especially some of the American manufacturers that no longer exists. Who'da thought a common household vase could now be worth several thousand dollars? I guess what I'm trying to say is that noone can foresee what any item will go for in the future, folks back then didn't know their objects would be of worth in these current times, they just bought what they liked and could afford. Times were tough then, they are tough now, why not support America, it's products, it's brave soldiers...God bless America!

Have a great day!

:-) Felicia

Those are some of the most beautiful marbles Ive seen.

They have kind of a champion look to them,but with a lot more color.

You know,if you were living in the 30's,and you had money to spend,(that was rare in itself)Id bet you could have bought just as many guineas,in that era.You will not find that many at shows,because there hidden in collections.

"Forced collectable"?Thats seems about as intelligent as "politicaly correct".

But what would I know,evidently Im of lower brain capacity too,because my opinion is differant.

Please refer to my x-ray in the upper left corner .

Bocci, some of those Rainbows are all that AND a bag of chips!

Their value is based on how much anyone is willing to pay for them... Pretty much the same as any other luxury item. Jabos are no different... Yes, an antique is limited to how many exist.

Well... So are Jabos. Is Steve's title for real??? Noooooo.... But, let's face it. People will pay what they want to own what they want... No one is FORCING anything...

Am I crazy to buy ANY marble for more than 5¢?? I guess that's my decision, right??

Who's business is it to tell me that it's crap if it's a Jabo, a Vacor, a machine made, a handmade, or a rare perfectly round gemstone puked up by the sea??

Well put Sue! The thing everyone needs to realize is Steve likes pushing buttons and he succeeded again which i find hilarious, Galen we all know 3/4 G's and 3/4 F's are rarer, but Griff has hit the nail on the head. TIME will tell all, back when guineas could be had just like the new Jabo's they just simply was not as affordable, and who is to say there is not a HUGE CASE or crate of them sitting somewhere in some old house or garage? You simply can not know, in time and probably a long time, Jabo's will be highly collectible if and only if the hobby of marbles keeps growing, if it does not then CAC's, Akro's, Peltiers, Jabo's will all be worth nothing. Time will tell all IMHO.

One thing is for sure, some of the newer Jabo's are nicer looking than any older marble ive ever seen, but i still like vintage marbles better because it's the hunt and knowing they are older and just harder to find imho, how many times can you just call up someone and say hey "I want 30 Akro's and 20 Peltiers with 10 CAC's" and have them delivered to your door step? You can't unless your buying out half a collection and that's why i prefer Vintage over newer, but it still doesn't stop me from buying and liking the new ones to because i buy WHAT I LIKE!!

Sorry... But, I think that whole philosophy reflects on itself!!

Let's face it, this entire hobby is a forced collectible. Marbles are not a necessary commodity. We can't eat them. They don't keep us warm or healthy.... In the event of a nuclear holocost, they would be one of the last things we would need to survive (I speak for most humans... Maybe not US....)

I think anyone who is getting involved with these marbles realizes the gamble is just that...

There should be no fear of people investing their life's savings in these because they will be worth millions in our life-time....

If there are any here who believe that, I have this bridge for sale............. ;)

(PS... Spoken by one who once firmly believed anyone who collected ANY machine made marble was a complete lunatic!! :confused-smileys-327:

Time changes EVERYTHING!!! ;) )

And what she said.

I would never say what or why a person should collect. I was simply responding to the first post that stated that CACs are much more common than Jabos and comparing the two as being in the same class. To me thats like comparing beenie babies to Steiff, Bradford exchange to Meissen Franklin Mint to Real currency. Yes each have their collectors and I am sure they are proud of them. Thats great but lets not put them in the same class. They are nothing alike. Just as the new collectible jabos are only like the vintage marbles in they are round and glass. Collect what you like for sure.