Chicken

bigtee0

i dont know who found it but let me tell you that is some chicken. that would feed all of Haiti for a year.

I knew what you meant Marie...rolleye-842.gif This will help you out, a quote from Wikipedia... "A rooster, also called a cock or chanticleer, is a male chicken (Gallus gallus) with the female being called a hen". rolleye-842.gif "Gene"

ok EVERYBODY, take notice. a chicken is a chicken is a chicken, THEN, its a rooster, hen or pullet. simple. i raised them damn things when i was a kid. milked cows, bucked hay, shoveled the crap. spread it on the fields. we had our own eggs and chicken, milk and butter and steaks and hamburger and veg garden and still went to school cleaned house did laundry all those fine domestic things that farm women do. so i know a chicken when i see it, whether its a rooster or a hen.

ya me Sue, Hi. we had 640 A. half fields and half timber. some left over fruit trees from the Arcadia and at one time we even had bees. gooseberry bushes, currents raspberries strawberries huckleberries up in the mountains and even a deer or two. we used to get rabbit but rabbit fever killed em all off. we had a silver maple tree in the yard that was about 70 feet tall and i was the only one who could climb the damn thing. my Grandpa Koch homesteaded it around 1900. its still in the family, well just a portion of it now. stupid Dorothy sold most of it to be developed and kept all the money.......nuff

there was one very exciting thing about that place that no one did anything about and i could just stomp. Grandpa Koch said we were over an underground lake. there was one place down across the woods where it looked like a well groomed meadow. stomp your foot and the ground sounded hollow. and nobody was smart enough to find out. could have been DAMN interesting.

Marie

Ha ha ha!! Good story, Marie.

We lived on a farm until I was seven. One day, my younger brother and I went into the hen house to harass the chickens (but not the rooster cuz it was too big and mean), and before we left, we locked some of them up in the roost. It was a very hot, muggy day, and a couple of them almost died from heat exhaustion. Luckily, someone freed them in time. That evening, the skies grew dark and a violent wind came up. We all went down in the basement, fearing for our lives, while a tornado did some minor damage to our house. My mother said it was because God was angry at me and my brother for what we did. For a long time I believed that locking up chickens in the roost was what caused tornadoes.

....really, I did...