Marble Extras

Steph

I've been taking a spin through my picture files looking for a particular ad. No luck with that yet but I stumbled over this pic which cried out to be posted somewhere. I thought it was from ebay but don't see the little ebay watermark. Wish I had a bigger copy but here it is! Nifty set of ball and claw thingies for a stool.

256203902_tp.jpg

Anyone have any unusual marbley things to share? Been awhile since we had an "extras" thread.

Hi I have enlarged original image, you should be able to click and save it at this size (if not juts email me and will send you the re-sized image) also , what the heck? a 4 marble carrying case, for some 1890's uber mibster or something?or they are feet for a table? (rollers)

post-2349-126783538521_thumb.jpg

Hey, thanks Pop, that's a pretty good image.

I'd never seen a case like that before this one. But as far as I can tell, those are feet for a stool. (or yeah, maybe a table?) (Why they needed a case, I cannot guess.)

They're sort of industrial marbles! LOL

Looking at the threaded mounting bolt and the precise marble holding features on the 4-pack make me think the may have been a replacement set of sorts when the originals wore out. For what I have no idea. The furniture legs usually have mounts that surround the legs for support.

(Why they needed a case, I cannot guess.)

That's what I keep getting stuck on..... They are very cool!!!

I wonder if it's all original?? It's very odd.... :confused-smileys-327:

I'm gonna be diggin' through things pretty soon... I'll try to get some pics up...

In fact... I have one I can take right now... I'll be back!! ;)

With that nice leather case, I immediately thought that these are support feet for something very expensive, but not too heavy. How about a large world globe? Those are very pricey, and I can imagine them being delivered or shipped with the feet separately packaged. Just an idea!

I can imagine them being delivered or shipped with the feet separately packaged.

I can't imagine why anything.... No matter the expense... Would be packaged in such a case for a single move or delivery...

It looks like it was intended to be mobile... Something that would be moved from place to place...

What about an early Kaliedoscope?? Are there any designs that might have an arm below the scope for screwing in the different marble holders?

Anyway.... Here's an Arts & Crafts style hand-hammered copper ashtray with marble feet....

post-3-126799629268_thumb.jpg

post-3-1267996303_thumb.jpg

post-3-12679963123_thumb.jpg

post-3-126799632064_thumb.jpg