A Marble Question

orbboy

I am not a black light person and never much cared about this marble characteristic. I think marbles need to stand on their own up front. Parrots don't need anything other than what they already have going for them.

Now Eddie Seeses' black light creations(some with five colors) that need a black light to even be seen are something entirely different. There's where a black light comes into play.

Then there are people who go around with a black light religiously and check out every marble. You figure.

This is not meant as any sort of a negative reflection on your enquiry just my opinion on the subject which I probably should have kept to myself big mouth that I am! David

Well I think you might be in the minority on this on David, but hey everyone is allowed an opinion so have at it. Personally I think they are an important tool for any marble collection. Almost a must have if you ask me, and a good tube one to boot. How else am I to know if my Corks Glow? Yes I like to know. One reason is, for example. Take your common single colour white and yellow Cork. A little harder to find than most colours but not really on the rare side. I have had a couple of dozen at least over the years, and only one of them glowed. So to some it still may be a simple yellow and white Cork. To me it is a little gem that has earned a spot in my "no two the same" collection of near 300 different Corks. I also have Corks that look like they have two colours. Zap them with the light and what was once White becomes two distinct lines where some glows and some does not. Neat little effect that would be missed without a good light. I could go on with more reasons to have a good light, but I don't feel like typing all day.

The reason I asked if Parrots glowed is because of the blue and purple marble below. It came in the same group as a couple of Parrots including the one below. Both have very similar smeary purple colour. Both have similar construction aside from that nagging loop in the p/b one. Both the same size. Problem is that I sold the Parrots and can't remember if they glowed. On this purple and blue one the Purple glows like mad. Knowing that Nobody has a Parrot that glows helps me strike it from my list of what it could bes. I knew the chances were low, but now I know. Leading me to think that it is now a mid 90's Jabo. I did some hunting but could not find this colour combo. I don't know much about more recent marbles. But from what I understand some of the 90's Jabos glowed? Now if If someone would poopoo my 1% chance/hope it is an Alley I'll know for sure.

Thanks for taking the time to zap your birds for me Gents. Ain't learning fun.

post-218-127135570545_thumb.jpg

post-218-127135572322_thumb.jpg

Yeah that was a nice one. Sold on the bay for $120.00 without a speck of Aventurine, so others thought so as well. Steph won it's brother that only had 4 colours but a great pattern. maybe she'll post it or ok me too.

I hear ya! And I don't mean to belittle the surprise factor. Guess I've seen over the years too many people who have collected common glow marbles just for that characteristic. I sort of chocked it up to the equivalent of collecting wooden marbles. I can hear the wooden marble contingent right now lining up to give me a piece of their mind! David

Yeah that was a nice one. Sold on the bay for $120.00 without a speck of Aventurine, so others thought so as well. Steph won it's brother that only had 4 colours but a great pattern. maybe she'll post it or ok me too.

That sounds reasonable for 5 colors. I have been buying up mint 4 colors without white for 40-65 lately. I'd likely pay well for some more 5 color parrots though.

How could you forget this one?

Maybe the mailman kep it. The one I just found in my box doesn't have green.

On the other hand, I forgot that I had any micas. Until I found 3 in my handmades box.

Guess I'm brain farting then? Kinda sucks cuse I took the money from both Parrot sales and promplty bid on this. I used to think of it as the lizard Stepf bought me, but now it will have to be a Parrot lizard. Is musicnmib$ name Steph as well? Geeze pushing 40 and already forgetting stuff. Stupid pot! I keep forgetting to stop smoking that stuff.

post-218-127136760252_thumb.jpg

Awwww how sweet . . . about the lizard I bought you! sorry to bust that illusion. Now I want to get you a lizard! But Parrot lizard sounds good too!

Um, no, different name. But same birthday! So if you know mine, you know theirs! lol

sorry for playing coy. Will let 'em give their name. or not. :-) :-)

Well I have around 50 Brass or Bronze lizards so, ummm where was I going with this? Oh yeah I have around 50 or so lizar... nope that's not it? Ah screw it....

I can live with Parrot lizard. Or music Lizard. Whoever musicnmib$ is has a great eye for marbles, and is almost as anal as I am when it comes to the grading and measuring of marbles. As well as a valued customer.

Hey Dave, I gotta ask... just a rambling thought here. I think anyone that has vitros will say they have ones that glow like crazy, sometimes it's surpising which ones do. there's also a very very small percentage of akro eggyolk oxbloods that glow. lol I stress very few on that one... so why couldn't there be a parrot that has that capability out there?

Well I have around 50 Brass or Bronze lizards so, ummm where was I going with this? Oh yeah I have around 50 or so lizar... nope that's not it? Ah screw it....

I can live with Parrot lizard. Or music Lizard. Whoever musicnmib$ is has a great eye for marbles, and is almost as anal as I am when it comes to the grading and measuring of marbles. As well as a valued customer.

I'd actually like to see a group photo of said lizards. Cool collection now that I think about it.