A Marble Question

orbboy

It would be cool if someone showed a Parrot that glowed. I still think it is a safe guess to think 90's Jabo on my Blue and purple one though. Anyone with ideas on what it might be or is, please chime in. You are right though anything could glow. Brings to mind some NLR's I had where some of the dividing white lines between the coloured ribbons glowed and some did not. Odd little marbles.

Hey Galen keep those lizards away from squirrels. I had a few of those at one time. Then adopted 3 orphan squirrels. Needless to say they thought the lizards were candy and gnawed the crap out of them. It was too late to save them by the time I saw what was going on, so I let tham have at it. Must be a tasty root they made them out of cuse there was not much left of any of them by the time they were old enough to be released.

I'll get some pics for you catfish. It's dusting day today so I'll put all the bigger ones in a pile and snap a couple of pics. Have a laugh at these ceramic frogs in the meantime. Found the girl in Virginia when I was 5 years old, found the boy here in Canada last year. Crazy what someone will make for no real reason.

post-218-127143171457_thumb.jpg

Ok a couple of jokers have showed up and decided to take over my little project. I tried to tell them that none of the lizards in the pics were herbivores, but they did'nt seem to care. They call it "Lizards in the Grass"

post-218-127143329701_thumb.jpg

I think I can date it better for you but, I am so busy making boxes for the Tribute Legacy marbles, getting the boxes completed before the Texas show that I can't take time to unstack my classic JABO boxes and see which other marbles those are boxed with. You could be right about 90's because I remember buying some really pretty ones at Pilgrim Glass and being told they were made with Pilgrim cullet by JABO. Most of them lit up with a black light. It may take me several days to unstack, but I will get back to you. I also haven't used the black light on my parrots, but I don't think I have any that react to black light. While I'm doing it, I'll try blacklight on the parakeets and other similar ones. They are easier to get to.

I'm having to sit by the computer, printing pics for boxes. I did go to the marble case where I can see vitros that are 5/8 and 3/4 ths. My parakeets to do not light up. However, I discovered that everyone of my 1 inch wedding cake vitros are "hot". I may be able to quickly get to the parrots. They are in a small collector box. I'll check the next time I can leave the computer printing to see if any of my parrots light up. I really doubt it.

blacklight.jpgmaybeparrot2.jpgmaybeparrot1.jpgI have checked the box where I keep the parrots and I found hope that there may be some out there. I have 2 of these and they are both .86 inch marbles. Many people do not consider these two to be parrots because they only have 3 colors. Now if just one more color were added and I suppose that was possible - maybe some parrots do light up.

I took a pic with my black light and no lights. Unfortunately, I don't know how to shut off the flash. The last pic is with black light. When the flash goes off, it negates the black light. Look closely at the yellow and you can see two yellow colors. The darker yellow lights up orange with the black light.

These are tigereyes - yellow jackets and they do light up. Now if these colors light up, perhaps there are some parrots out there that also light up.

Of course we know that the parrots are also a form of tigereye?

Well I think you might be in the minority on this on David, but hey everyone is allowed an opinion so have at it. Personally I think they are an important tool for any marble collection. Almost a must have if you ask me, and a good tube one to boot. How else am I to know if my Corks Glow? Yes I like to know. One reason is, for example. Take your common single colour white and yellow Cork. A little harder to find than most colours but not really on the rare side. I have had a couple of dozen at least over the years, and only one of them glowed. So to some it still may be a simple yellow and white Cork. To me it is a little gem that has earned a spot in my "no two the same" collection of near 300 different Corks. I also have Corks that look like they have two colours. Zap them with the light and what was once White becomes two distinct lines where some glows and some does not. Neat little effect that would be missed without a good light. I could go on with more reasons to have a good light, but I don't feel like typing all day.

The reason I asked if Parrots glowed is because of the blue and purple marble below. It came in the same group as a couple of Parrots including the one below. Both have very similar smeary purple colour. Both have similar construction aside from that nagging loop in the p/b one. Both the same size. Problem is that I sold the Parrots and can't remember if they glowed. On this purple and blue one the Purple glows like mad. Knowing that Nobody has a Parrot that glows helps me strike it from my list of what it could bes. I knew the chances were low, but now I know. Leading me to think that it is now a mid 90's Jabo. I did some hunting but could not find this colour combo. I don't know much about more recent marbles. But from what I understand some of the 90's Jabos glowed? Now if If someone would poopoo my 1% chance/hope it is an Alley I'll know for sure.

Thanks for taking the time to zap your birds for me Gents. Ain't learning fun.

Orbboy, I've had a chance to unstack my cases and I found the one inch that glows that you asked about. It is not one of the early ones i got in the mid 1990's. It's in a box with marbles I would guess at being 2000 to 2004. Sorry that's about as close as I can get.

Hey orbboy nice pic!!! Went to a few H.O.L. (holy order of the lizards) keggers in the 70's! Call this "Mibs in the grass" some recent acquisitions and this sh-t right here........Frosted Flakes!!! Scratch that!!! The name game is important in every subject i guess! Just found out from my man it is indeed White Shark, not Frosted Flake! Guess we had too much & i forgot!!!

post-130-127171274936_thumb.jpg

I feel I should be closer to you my old friend.

David

alright, we aint friends but you got nice marbles and I feel given the oppurtunity................................................................................................................

jus fire it up

Hey thanks Sissy. That pretty much nails this one down for me. I zapped my paltry Vitro collection with the light and not much glowed for me. A couple of Helmets, and a couple of fancier looking Helmets is all. I'll get some pics of them and start a new thread. Thanks for the info.

Duuude that looks like quality in both regards lol. Here is another example of the Jokers antics titled "Screwing With Pot".

post-218-127174180282_thumb.jpg

I dunno, if the DEA hears that I've got a stash of marbles are they going to automatically figure I'm also a pot head. I have this picture of my marbles scattered all over the place while those enforcement agents are wrecking the place looking for baggies. You may have let things out-of-the-bag with that corkscrewing 'twisting one up' photograph. David

Everyone needs a Lizard that's for sure. If you aint got one get one. There are lots on Ebay but I already have most of them. Some of the new ones are pretty neat, but I like the older ones. Not sure why this one was listed with a buy-it-now of only $8.00, but it was and I bought it right then. What a score.

post-218-127188544072_thumb.jpg