Serious Aventurine

Steph

Here's a swirl which Pete had listed in his catalog at LOM a couple of years back. Listed in the Champion section.

gallery_279_159_2238.jpg

I THINK I have seen a two-seam aventurine pictured straight from a Master box. If I did, I think it was at LOM. I think it was posted by someone named Tom. Not sure if I saved the photo. Might take some work to find it but I will give it a shot.

Here's the marble of Tom's I was remembering. The aventurine didn't come through in the photo as much as I would have hoped, but it came with a box, which is why it stood out in my memory.

MasterBoxAventurine_Tom-1.jpg

Here are a couple more photos from Tom which I think might be the same marble and some of its companions, and then the box it came in. (Tom broke the box up into multiple photos across at least two threads.)

MasterBoxSampling_Tom.jpg

MasterBoxTom.jpg

History.....It was at a time when about the only thing that seemed to be associated with aventurine was the Peltier white opaque w/green aventurine swirl. Later attributed to Alley Agate. Also not ever coming up with any Champions with aventurine and provenance to back it up. Do we know forsure who made it/these? Also I got some early on from that chap in New Jersey who was wheelchair confined and also had some responsibility for the NJ marble get togethers. He stipulated Peltier. That's about the extent of my take until convinced otherwise and I'm open to suggestion.....David

Well, if the first swirl was debunked, then I would like to see reason to keep these in the Peltier "swirl" pile. I don't believe these swirls date that far back, but cannot prove it personally. Lumping marbles into the Pelt column because they contain aventurine doesn't seem plausible. Many swirl manufacturers as well as Master, Akro, and Vitro had aventurine. I just don't see how Peltier fits. Not arguing, and you are free to keep them where ever. Just my thoughts after a couple dozen years of collecting. I open to new info all the time.

My marble is one from a small handfull I had. It does not show the great seams that the others did, but it had the most sparkle. Les Jones I.D the whole group inhand, and was happy as heck when I let him pick one to keep.

Here's a swirl which Pete had listed in his catalog at LOM a couple of years back. Listed in the Champion section.

gallery_279_159_2238.jpg

I THINK I have seen a two-seam aventurine pictured straight from a Master box. If I did, I think it was at LOM. I think it was posted by someone named Tom. Not sure if I saved the photo. Might take some work to find it but I will give it a shot.

Here is one I had and sold last year- Marble Alan ID this as Champion with a "maybe" thrown in. It did come in a lot with a bunch of Pelts though. Wish I had it back to re-photograph with my new equipment!

I got 2 of the sloid green aventuine

marbles at a Columbus show in 93- 95.

I was told someone had a quart jar full

of this type mib.

Also they were sold to me as Peltier. :confused-smileys-327:

Later there were questions as to

maker> Smitty told me that they

were Champion. :confused-smileys-17:

Now it comes full circle.

This thread should be informative

to say the least.

Think we can run it to 14 pages?? :white-flag-25:

marblemiser

hah, left ya hanging.

they are aventurine.

David

my lightest is as dark as Orbmans appear ( I expect in hand his is a lill darker it looks well lit), the two dark ones is dark, and swirly. Two look jus like the thresd starter, two look like Orbs I had them all as Master

and I found some others that resemble biblefreaks, not line free as I had remembered(these I thought were Champion), small and kinda game marbly and newer(than the ones I had as Masters)

I sold one of these to Pete and gave a couple away to my friends. Come on guys post em! Cant find the one i kept. Steph, do you have any more pics? I was selling a couple as Champion,because i got them in Ritchie County.(Which doesnt mean a hill of beans. i"m sure i posted them in LOM.

Bruce

I sold one of these to Pete and gave a couple away to my friends. Come on guys post em! Cant find the one i kept. Steph, do you have any more pics? I was selling a couple as Champion,because i got them in Ritchie County.(Which doesnt mean a hill of beans. i"m sure i posted them in LOM.

Bruce

Here's one Kris posted. I'm not sure I have any other swirly looking pix. . . I have other aventurine pix but it's not so clear whether they're swirly or stripey.

(click to enlarge)

th_Aventurine_Kris-1.jpg

Are these Patry's? And is the bottom view backlit?

edit: yes to both!

She said the top three were solid, no light passing through, and they were swirls.

The bottom two were made more like sunbursts. The backlit photo appears to be one of this pair.

solidAv5.jpg

I have an pwee adventurine sparkler,its got a cloud of green adven on 1 side , and i really don't know if it really is akro it could be master.

peltier-3 blu zebras,adventurine bee, but I can;t figgger out this postin stuff, aginn.

If you read this, su-lu, I'd lke my i.d.bac, I forgot my pword, must be the whiskey and my demented state/mind

okie.