Swirls

I was in Amish Country Monday and we stopped in a few shops, I was amazed at the reproduction (new) marbles they had for sale, first time I'd seen in hand, what you all have been talking about. Totally blew my mind. I now understand fully why it's a huge issue. Some of them were so good, the only way to tell the difference for me was the glass. The colors and markings were almost spot on. It's a mad world.

Me

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, so be it and so what! David

The so what is that Winnie took the trouble to post some neat marbles here in a thoughtful way and her thread got hijacked. Time after time some of us tried to bring it back. But showing Galen up was so important that it was worth disintegrating the thread and potentially chasing Winnie off this board.

That's so what.

It ain't cool when someone busts up one of Edna's threads. It wasn't cool to bust up Winnie's thread. Start a new thread to make your point. When you bust up someone else's thread it makes it more likely people will think badly of you and miss whatever point you think is so important to make.

in my humble opinion

I was in Amish Country Monday and we stopped in a few shops, I was amazed at the reproduction (new) marbles they had for sale, first time I'd seen in hand, what you all have been talking about. Totally blew my mind. I now understand fully why it's a huge issue. Some of them were so good, the only way to tell the difference for me was the glass. The colors and markings were almost spot on. It's a mad world.

Me

Neat adventure!

and ain't it just!

I believe if you were to go back early on in this thread, like within the very earliest of Posts I gave due deference to the value of Winnie's Posts and the subject of it was the remarkable similarity between certain marbles. The subject still is that although with an aberrant twist provided right off by Galen in his inimitable style and numerous board members have proceeded along the way to participate in one manner or another in the originally offered example(s) and it's sideshow. Now if both of these discussions are beyond the capacity of some board members to handle at the same time then maybe they need to sit down and take stock of their mental abilities. I am having no difficulty though in recognizing how in post after post that misinformation and lies about Jabo and it's principals has blemished what started out so innocently with Winnies post and I have directed some of my comments towards them. You can hardly blame me then for at times(My so what comment) not giving a Flying F--- about marbelus1's take on my concerns. This does not mean that I have any overall less respect for David's contributions and his hilarious wit. David Chamberlain

Winnie doesn't deserve the vitriol.

And we readers don't deserve the insults to our mental capacity.

Hijackings and vendettas are both against board guidelines. I agree that Galen appears to have called Dave M and Beri liars. But he did it after being pushed into a corner. Pushing him into that corner in Winnie's thread was an insult to her efforts.

"After being pushed in a corner" Aw! Poor Galen. You mean, "After being caught in a lie" PERIOD with no qualifications please.

And, Hey!, you have already stated some inability to adequately follow two lines of thought in the same Thread.

Nothing that I have stated or responded to could be interpreted as vitriol directed towards Winnie. I very much appreciated her marble ID offering and was immediately pissed when Galen hijacked the thread with his usual vitriol and continued it throughout four pages.

Now if there wasn't a need to counteract that then I'm for totally throwing in the towel at this Board when I've recognized that coming to the defense of good friends and a hijacked thread is given less precedence than maintaining a wishy-washy atmosphere. David

This thread hyjacking has been a major issue (and a tool, for some..)

I apologize to those who have fallen victim before... Yesterday, we came up with a way to circumvent it... I don't think it will be a complete and absolute answer. But, it may help some...

Steph, I think we need to start using that method when we can...

Copy and pasting the post into a new thread and blocking the original...

The cool thing about blocking is... It enables us to backtrack if necessary...

It's not always possible to catch a post before it becomes woven into the fabric of the thread...

Try to remember... Steph & I don't LIVE here... And Lou, isn't in as frequently.

THIS IS NOT OUR FULL TIME JOB!!!!

Galen's complaining about Jabos in a thread that compares them, is a questionable hyjack...

Meaning... It's not always obvious where the post is gonna lead...

But, we may be able to correct some of this stuff....