Swirls

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! Hells Bells! I think that was AC/DC. And those pics are a direct current to the brain. That's about the most dramatic side-by-side I've seen yet. I doubt though that it will be presenting problems in any large way. There have to be a variety of factors that converge to make it dangerous. Demand being only one. Still, Winnie pulled off a blockbuster with these four marbles. She goes to the head of the class. David

It will only present a problem to the person that thinks they are buying vintage marbles. And then it usually isn't a problem untill they find out they are Jabos. That is the point that it becomes disgusting to some folks.

O.K. Galen let's see how what you suggest goes in this scenario: Bubba was recently totally hyped over his acquisition of the Red/10 cent/USA box with Ravenswood marbles. After a days worth of posts at the thread(RAVENSWOOD BOX) it was determined that the marbles were in fact Champion. Now according to you he should be 'disgusted' or does this only hold true when the marbles misidentified turn out to be the Big Bad Jabos. David

Not really. I have even bought Buddy boxes with Champions. Neat marbles made for kids. didn't disappoint me too much. and I would expect to find Champions in old Jobber boxes. Not new jabos in old vintage boxes. They sold many to stores for jobber boxes although many of those were filled latter. If I found Jabos in the boxes It is more like buying an antique item at an antique store and then finding out it is a cheap chinese knockoff IMO. Just my opinion, you do not have to agree or need to tell me I shouldn't feel that way.

I can't speak for Bubba, but I bet a lot of people are disappointed to hear mibs ID-ed as Champ. Ravenswood is a more exciting ID for many.

Not sure what the gist of the argument is. Just sayin'.

I feel like I'm contributing to a hijack of the thread. Maybe mostly because I don't know where it is going now.

That's an all-out great comparison shot, Winnie.

I'm not "disappointed" about the Jabos looking like foreign swirls. But I am getting a little apprehensive about my confidence in future ID's.

Well geeze Galen you don't have to get all defensive about it when you in fact wind up agreeing with me anyway that it would be the Jabos in the box that would get you all 'disgusted.' You know, if you're going to make an issue out of this you ought to express yourself logically. You basically went around in a circle and agreed with what I said about it only being Jabos that would 'disgust' you. I don't see the disagreement. And, is it always necessary to put Jabo in a negative light when any slim opportunity presents itself? Don't you think it's time to pick on something else? How about Marble King. They're the only other operating marble company in the USA. Might be time to kick them around some. David

Love the side by photos.

Ha, what if the converse could be true and someone starts passing off German Swirls as genuine Jabos.

Not that the Jabos were being passed off as anything but Jabos, but in the future what if?

Damnitman.

So far I have found that on the new run jabos in hand not near so scarry as by picture.

On ebay - by picture we will be buying some marbles that dissappoint. I think in hand (most) will be discernable by glass characteristics.

maybe

David

thanks for the heads up Winnie - hadnt even thought about foriegn and the foriegn swirl, which now as obviously pointed out simular to the jabo swirl pattern.

I've always felt this way marbleus1. Almost any one of these pictures being offered if you had the opportunity to turn the marble a quarter of the way you'd be able to tie it down. In hand is another world all together. Then Winnies' examples are rather dramatic. David

David, How about you just stop suggesting what how or when I post. There is a place top right when you click your name and it says manage ignored users. Just add me to the list then you won't have to see what I post. And comparing the new Jabos to MK is rediculous. MKs are toys made for kids. The Jabos are cheap collectibles made for collectors. I have never once said you shouldn't have posted anything that you have, how about giving me the same respect. Disagree, fine, but how about stopping with the childish challenges and questions directed at me. The more you whine about my posts the more it appears you think I may be affecting your investments in Jabos.

Galen, this is supposing that I give consequence to what you have to say about Jabo in the first place. Most often it truly is completely ignorable. You've got it right on that point. It's just when it takes a negative tone as it ALWAYS does that I can't restrain my natural impulses. Also it seems to me that within the past week or so there was some considerable text here about the considerable uses to which Jabo marbles have gone other than the dreaded contract runs for collectors. I think you'd do yourself a world of good if you were to take another look at those photos of Dave McCullough and Beri Fox enjoying each others company at the Texas Marble Show. They showed considerable respect for each other and I have considerable respect for both of them and what they have accomplished.

For you to think I will stop commenting here in this vein as I have previously takes one leap of imagination. I am here to stay.....well, until I get banned! David

I have an idea how they feel about each other. I was sitting in Daves office when he was turning down her offer to buy Jabo. We then talked a while about her. I do respect Dave and get along with him very well. He is a very shrewd and wise businessman. What any of this has to do with me not caring for the new Jabos is beyond me. I have lots of respect for many folks that I do not believe everything they have done in their lives is something I like.

Huh?

:rolleye-842:

And because I'm cranky today, I'll just flame it on out. Don't usually do that. Haven't really done that yet. But Jeez, isn't enough enough?

Yes, we all know what Galen thinks of Jabo. And sure, he can continue to "express himself" here. But by that token, so can WE, the peeps who are fed up with that endlessly repeated refrain. :deadhorse:

So here: Had some conversations with Dave McCullough myself at the Texas show, and he didn't seem to think the Galen / Dave relationship was quite as close as Galen would have us think.

Just sayin.'

Outta here.

I sure wish I had photo shop! I see something involving Darth Vader and the pic of Ann from the Texas marble show thread. LOL. Just kidding. Crank up that banana! :cool-smileys-262::cool-smileys-262::cool-smileys-262:

Darth is my brother. But the resemblance isn't obvious until he takes his helmet off. OK, I'm shorter, too. But I breathe like that when I'm mad. :angry:

Where's my banana? It's the BIG one . . .

LOL.... You guys look funny when your mad....

These side by side pictures are EXACTLY what I was looking for in a past thread!!

Where were they then??

And... Whether we like or dislike Jabos, why can't we simply pull together a reference that shows all that is said here???

We can't stop production.... AND, We can't make everyone happy about production...

So, why are we still arguing about it?? Let's DO something about it....

As far as these 4 marbles go....

I think they illustrate EXACTLY what Galen has been talking about...

I know I'll get kicked for agreeing with him... But, damn-it he IS right!!!

Anyone who can't see that is swimming in "De Nile!!!"

While we have the ability, quantity and knowledge, we should be getting these comparisons.... And the explaination of how they differ..... documented...

(Hint - Joesmarbles.com.... An EXCELLENT place to do it!!)

OTOH.......

Considering....

Ha, what if the converse could be true and someone starts passing off German Swirls as genuine Jabos.

I'll take the Jabos over the Germans anyday...... ;)

'Sorry to the naysayers... Those marbles ROCK!!

I'm glad that I can buy the German swirls here in Europe LOL,and I wonder how the Jabo celebration run marbles look in hand,

hope I can see the difference,I think so but you never know.

Yeah I've noticed Galen is very popular here at this forum it's almost all about him and less about marbles in this thread.

Thanks for your thoughts.

winnie

Yeah I've noticed Galen is very popular here at this forum it's almost all about him and less about marbles in this thread.

Very perceptive, Winnie!

Ann

Sister of Darth

I have an idea how they feel about each other. I was sitting in Daves office when he was turning down her offer to buy Jabo. We then talked a while about her. I do respect Dave and get along with him very well. He is a very shrewd and wise businessman. What any of this has to do with me not caring for the new Jabos is beyond me. I have lots of respect for many folks that I do not believe everything they have done in their lives is something I like.

Is this another of your tales? David McCullough does not own the controlling interest in JABO, Inc. He cannot accept or reject offers from anyone to buy JABO.

I checked this story out and it never happened.

To see what good friends Beri and David are, you should have been at the Texas Marble Show. They are competitors, but they are also very supportive of each other.

:rolleye-842:

And because I'm cranky today, I'll just flame it on out. Don't usually do that. Haven't really done that yet. But Jeez, isn't enough enough?

Yes, we all know what Galen thinks of Jabo. And sure, he can continue to "express himself" here. But by that token, so can WE, the peeps who are fed up with that endlessly repeated refrain. :deadhorse:

So here: Had some conversations with Dave McCullough myself at the Texas show, and he didn't seem to think the Galen / Dave relationship was quite as close as Galen would have us think.

Just sayin.'

Outta here.

As they say at Wimbleton..."Ace for Miss Bogey!