Football Cateye "marbles"

Cool, Rich. I've never seen a better assembly of cat's eye footballs.

^what Ric said.^

I always thought they were meant to be a marble and got whomper-jawed on the rollers.

Like Pen suggests, a whoopsie.

..but thats just rumor and hear-say, so ya didnt hear it from me.

This is the very first time I have seen 'footballs' where it has to be obvious that they were made purposely. I do not think that any of the other football marbles that we have in our collections were purposely made. Maybe one of out marble machine mavens can provide the technical side of how these inadvertently came into existence but this group that you have clearly and obviously were made for some decorative purpose.

Do you have any background info.?

Mostly the decorative marbles were flat but this puts quite a different light on the subject. Save a set for me.....please! I haven't mailed your Jabos yet but fully intend to. David

I don't know anything about them and can't think of any use for this shape. Usually small dome/flat bottom or regular round marbles are made for flower vases. Not only the lady behind the counter nor the other 2 people that wished they'd found the container first knew anything about them but they looked "cool!"

I have a bunch of flat ones I'm going to make into buttons...

I wonder if this is a new thing that the same company is making??

We'll all have to keep an eye out at the craft stores!!

They're obviously single color but how would you describe the vane configuration or at least the majority of them? What does it look like that they were trying to accomplish with the vanes? Having a hard time deciding on that without them in hand. David

Edit: It almost looks like they weren't aiming for anything in particular; just aiming on getting a flower-like representation within each marble.

clearly and obviously were made for some decorative purpose.

yer gonna have to chew that a little finer before I can swallow it.

I’m still not convinced those were/are manufactured on purpose . I’ve seen a measure of footballs that were Akro, Peltier, older (pre-Joker) Jabos, etc. so……?

Wow you went through all those pages? I just punched "marbles" into the search bar and came out with Rainbow Marbles Item #23661 Pic shows a representational sample of the item. The ones I saw were not in the bags. I did not see the bagged ones. Did'nt look. The ones I saw were in the impulse bins at the cash out area and could be purchased by the piece. They varied greatly in shape, style and colour.