Vacors Still Sell As Old!

So this is a fake marble tryin to pass as a Peltier?

What Scott (I Love Marbles) said.

Vacor makes marbles for play. Real and colorful and eye catching for kids to enjoy. I don't think they're thinking about the Peltier collectibles market. :-)

Can anyone show an authentic pelt superman so I can see the differences from the Vacors? I can tell the Akro supermans, but I'm confused by the pelts.

Vacor has a pattern that shows up on their marbles - below are examples of a few of the Vacor patterns:

This is a Vacor serpent

This is a real Peltier Superman

notice the cut lines - color slightly bends just before the cut?

Here are a few examples of Vacors "pattern"

long tailing swirl - huge big curve - thin twists back and forth (not corked)

When you see that pattern on a Peltier CubScout (vacor wavebreakers),Peltier Tiger (vacor tiger), a Cherry Akro Slag (vacor rooster) or Blue Akro Slag (vacor neptune), or a Peltier Superman (vacor serpent)- or a multitude of Ravenswood and other assorted West Virginia swirls - which vacor has named "old fashioneds" - bells and whistles should go off for further examination.

Vacor has a pattern that shows up on their marbles - below are examples of a few of the Vacor patterns:

This is a Vacor serpent

This is a real Peltier Superman

notice the cut lines - color slightly bends just before the cut?

Here are a few examples of Vacors "pattern"

long tailing swirl - huge big curve - thin twists back and forth (not corked)

When you see that pattern on a Peltier CubScout (vacor wavebreakers),Peltier Tiger (vacor tiger), a Cherry Akro Slag (vacor rooster) or Blue Akro Slag (vacor neptune), or a Peltier Superman (vacor serpent)- or a multitude of Ravenswood and other assorted West Virginia swirls - which vacor has named "old fashioneds" - bells and whistles should go off for further examination.

Nice presentation and a good tread to learn from. Those transparent red roosters fooled me acouple times as well when buying lots.

Will agree with you on that, Mike!

Here is another....... This seller knows the difference...... He is just a rip-opff crook, safe haven on ebay for all these bastards!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marbles-41-64-PELTIER-NLR-SUPERMAN-MINT-CONDITION-9-5-/320544466515?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Marbles&hash=item4aa1f06653

Very odd coloring for a Vacor Plus - the listing states that the marble was taken right out of a box of one hundred - no doubt Alan has a photo of the boxed set.

Here's a few I pulled out of my Vacor box. If you look at the white ribbons the base blends them pink. Maybe Alan are CAC I'm just giving you my thoughts is all.

post-1130-127649473202_thumb.jpg

post-1130-127649474333_thumb.jpg

post-1130-127649475481_thumb.jpg

post-1130-127649476194_thumb.jpg

post-1130-127649476852_thumb.jpg

Think there is a company, House of marbles? Anyway they make marbles with the same colors as Vacor, but the ones they make are nicer, better quality. Is anyone familiar with those marbles? Pictures please? Thanks Mike for the pics!

The subject of marbles is a continues learning experience!