Nadine Macdonald

This was posted by Ron Tramontano and shared by Pete at Land of Marbles:

"Nadine MacDonald passed away last week after a long illness. She remained upbeat throughout her ordeal and continued to produce her handmade ceramic marbles when she was able to. Some of her work is available here at The Land Of Marbles. She was talented beyond words and will be missed by all who knew and loved her."

Best wishes and prayers for Nadine's family and many friends at this time.

To have known Nadine was to have been a lucky observer of a life fully spent.

I always got a kick out of the fact that Nadine credited me with her 1st big sale. That was at one of Bert Cohen's show in 1995. I've always favored her classical ceramic china style marbles although her Tiffany and English China marbles were no slouches.

I literally have a stack of Nadine's letters! She was a wit extraordinaire and had an outrageous take on life.

You had to steel yourself on entering Nadine & George's home as Nadine knew STUFF. She told me once that a couple friends found themselves hyperventilating and found it necessary to step outside. Focusing was too much of a challenge for them!

While in New England for a couple months in 2007 during a 50th High School Reunion I spent 3 days on the Cape with Nadine and George touring favorite spots, watching racy movies in the evenings and talking STUFF. Our mutual friends Kathy & Linda of AAGPBL fame came down one day and we retired to the Yacht Club to talk marbles, women's baseball, good food and life. It doesn't get any better.

Nadine made my life that much more meaningful and I will miss her deeply.

David Chamberlain

I can't imagine saying anything more meaningful than what Bo and David have said.....

One so simple.... One so beautifully graphic... Both, so Nadine!!

She'll always be with us, but I'm so going to miss her laughter and hugs!!!

good bye my friend.

see ya soon.

With Love.......

Felicia, thanks so much for the link...

I'd like to copy the info for our Memorial forum.

Nadine R. Macdonald

(January 26, 1949 - June 29, 2010)

Nadine (Geraci) Macdonald, 61 of Dennis died peacefully surrounded by her family at her home on June 29. She was the beloved wife of George Macdonald. She was the loving mother Peter Macdonald of Yarmouth. She was the sister of Cam Geraci of Newton. She is also survived by her three wonderful grandchildren; Sawyer, Sadie & Ryan Macdonald.

Nadine was nationally recognized as an artist who created hand painted ceramic marbles. Her work is sold throughout the country and has been featured in several books.

Nadine enjoyed spending time with her family. She was happily married for over 30 years and loved the time she spent playing with her grandchildren.

A memorial gathering will be held on Thursday, July 8 from 4-7 PM at Morris, O’Connor & Blute Funeral Home, 58 Long Pond Drive, South Yarmouth.

In lieu of flowers donations in her memory may be made to VNA of Cape Cod (Hospice and Palliative Care) PO Box 370, Hyannis, MA 02601

“Rest in peace my beloved wife and mother” love George and Peter