Stone Solitaire Help Please

Any info on this neat little set? Still waiting to find out if they are Hand Faceted or not? Some look a little lumpy so I would assume so. I'm thinking from the pics 1930ish African. Any Ideas? What kind of stones are they? Thanks for any input.

post-218-127938672717_thumb.jpg

Nice board, Orbboy. For stone, I might think Lapis Lazuli from the pics. But a couple almost look like they might have "salt glaze" spots on them. What info was given to you?

P.S. Perhaps Northern Africa or even Egypt?

I'm still waiting for more info on it. All I got from my Dad as "got it at a car boot for 3 quid" But he has buggered off to the next show, so still waiting for a reply to my email. He mentioned the board is 11" across also. I think it's worth 3 quid anyday. I think those glaze spot looking parts might be damage? Thanks for the info so far.

First thing I notice is no signs of wear anywhere on the board. let alone no chips there does not even appear to be any scratches. And that carving style is extremely common with Asian imports. I would almost bet it is the aromatic wood that is also common

Well I can't smell it from here so I guess I'll have to wait to se it inhand to be sure. I have delt a couple of vintage Malachite sets in the past. If there are any oldtimers left here that might have saved those pics I posted back then. Seeing them again would be awesome. Not sure what happened to mine?

If they made vintage Malachite sets why not Lapis as well?

Sometimes turquoise matrix is dyed blue to produce a blue stone very much like those you see here.

Don't know about the Asian production part, but I don't see anything that would indicate that the board is old or African -- at least not traditional African. Maybe "souvenir" African, or what's sometimes called "airport art." Which sometimes has its own charm. Like the happy crocodile . . .