Akro Box Score With Original Mibs

Fresh out of a La Grange, Texas estate sale. :cool-smileys-262::cool-smileys-262::cool-smileys-262:

I back filled 25% of the Moss Agates including four of the shooters.

I haven't had time to clean all the marbles but I plan to.

All the marbles glow, some a lot more than the others.

akrobox1.jpg

akrobox2.jpg

akrobox3.jpg

I have an Akro bag for sale. It does not have the Akro logo, but it did come in a box from Marble Allan, which he had listed as original. I will try to get a photo, send it to scoop to list. I was going to sell it at Sistersville this Sept, I am asking $125.00.

SNYD

FWIW Our box like yours has an akro logo bag in it, but there's a page with pictures of the original akro bags in Hardy's akro book. i'm sure any of those would be fine. :-)

..... (the knee pad is displayed inside out. lol)

I do not believe Akro ever used an Indian head. Good luck on the bag hunt. They have been going for up to 300 dollars lately. I need a few myself.

Who did Indian Heads? was it Master Marble? I have not looked at it for a long time - I need to get it out and take photos and see what everyone thinks ... :character-smileys-238:

So anyone else have pix of Akro bags? I miiiiight. Will look.

confused-smileys-17.gif Remember this one??? The blue at the top of the bag is in the photo, not on the bag... The bag is a little dirty too...mad.gif

post-2351-127974068633_thumb.jpg

hmmmm, what are we supposed to remember about that one? Is there a controversy? Sorry, I'm drawing a blank.

edit:

I'm not 100% positive, but I think this box is newer than yours. Just including it as an Akro bag even if it doesn't fit your box. (Anyone disagree with this bag being in this box?)

(click to enlarge)

th_post-279-1189826554.jpg . . th_post-279-1189826565.jpg

At least it doesn't resemble a kneepad! lol

Hey, I've got one for ya. Look at the first picture of my box. (I'll show it again below)

I see dots and squares (outlined) where it looks like there were always marbles in the center area. Is it possible that these boxes didn't even come with a bag? Or is it likely that the extra mibs that came along, over time, went into the box after the bag was lost? And if so, why all exactly the same size?

Looks like it would hold 48 more marbles. Boy wouldn't that be something!

You can see the same thing in the left side area where the two marbles are missing. :confused-smileys-327:

akrobox1.jpg

So anyone else have pix of Akro bags? I miiiiight. Will look.

hmmmm, what are we supposed to remember about that one? Is there a controversy? Sorry, I'm drawing a blank.

edit:

I'm not 100% positive, but I think this box is newer than yours. Just including it as an Akro bag even if it doesn't fit your box. (Anyone disagree with this bag being in this box?)

(click to enlarge)

th_post-279-1189826554.jpg . . th_post-279-1189826565.jpg

Nothing special, I posted a pic of the bag when I picked it up... There were several comments about it... That's all I remember...

Hey, I've got one for ya. Look at the first picture of my box. (I'll show it again below)

I see dots and squares (outlined) where it looks like there were always marbles in the center area. Is it possible that these boxes didn't even come with a bag? Or is it likely that the extra mibs that came along, over time, went into the box after the bag was lost? And if so, why all exactly the same size?

Looks like it would hold 48 more marbles. Boy wouldn't that be something!

You can see the same thing in the left side area where the two marbles are missing. :confused-smileys-327:

I see what you mean. That's a neat, orderly grid in the middle of your box. Hard to say. Maybe it did come from Akro that way. Or maybe someone else stored their extra marbles in the box - very neatly. At one time at least, your box coulda been sold with a bag, but of course I couldn't swear Akro always sold it that way.

Here is an ad with what looks like your box, and a bag.

AkroAgateCatalog2of4.jpg

Thanks Steph! So I'm looking for a two toned genuine buckskin bag huh?

FWIW the additional 48 mibs would all have to be around 9/16ths to fit exactly into that grid outline. Which means that somebody kept a bunch of 9/16ths mibs in there for some time to create that grid. That would make a total of 100 marbles exactly in the box. 12 @ 7/8 + 40 @ 5/8 + 48 @ 9/16ths.

Thanks again to everyone!

:jumping-1020: