Whats Harder To Find

Well, I've never seen a red one . . . got a pic?

Brown most common (like 75%), then blue (maybe 20%), with most of the remainder being "fancy" ones that are mottled white / green / blue / brown to varying degrees. Blue with additional pink is rare, as is green and one that's a mottled blue-green. There are some other colored glazed marbles (all pretty rare) but most people don't consider them to be "benningtons" because they don't have the bennington "eyes." Some of those are solid pink, green, black . . .

RED red, or brown red?

I have 3 of the fancies for sale. 2 are the brown base with dark red & green mottling and 1 is the glazed white with blue & brown splotches. Mint and about 3/4". Sorry, I know there's a buy/sell/trade section but since the topic came up here, I thought I'd post.

There have been thousands of modern Benningtons of all colors made in recent years, All the green ones I have seen appeared new, I see a different surface on the green and red that Is on the verified old brown and blue types. It may be just because the glaze is different but They are currently making them. The odd colored ones have become very common in the last few years.

Yea, I know a lot of the "fancy" ones, especially, have been made in the last few years -- and some of them are pretty good. The color and surface of the green one you picture isn't anything like the green ones I have or have seen . . . and I have no clue about the red. I'd WANT to believe it was old, but I'm not sure the chances are very good that it is. It's the kind of super-rare color that might make it worth it to someone to fake, and, as Galen said, there's been a lot of that going around. The brown & blue ones are too common to be worth faking.

Long way of saying "Gee, I don't know!"

I don't know a whole lot about Benningtons, but I have had this marble for over 25 years. It came in a large lot of older marbles that I bought. It measures 15/16" and while not bright red it is red. Don't think this proves anything one way or the other, but it is the only red one I have.

post-2067-128338742168_thumb.jpg post-2067-128338743402_thumb.jpg