Vitros With Transparent Colored Bases ?

Steph

Every time I've seen the first one of yours, Nancy, I've been a bit mystified by it. That springy green is something else. The 2nd to last doesn't give me a very Vitro feel but I dunno.

Paul, is that yellow one from Anacortes?

My first thought at first glimpse was Akro.

But then again I wasn't even remembering any Vitros with a yellow base until I thought of the ones from Anacortes.

But on the third hand, that's why I started this thread - because I seem to have a hole in my understanding about Vitros with colored bases. So ??

My first thought at first glimpse was Akro.

But then again I wasn't even remembering any Vitros with a yellow base until I thought of the ones from Anacortes.

But on the third hand, that's why I started this thread - because I seem to have a hole in my understanding about Vitros with colored bases. So ??

I have a feeling that the yellow is just reflection from the yellow patch. Normally I can fin an area that I can find the clear at a certain angle. On this on there is no such angle, so I really can't say it is clear for sure but that is my hunch being I cannot find another.

The one in the top left has an amber base as well. Not to easy to see either in the pics or inhand. I was told these were an early type and all had amber bases. I have had a few and all needed to be backlit to see the transparent amber in them.

post-218-128579445773_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...