Are These Really Alley ?

SNYD

I found these on ebay, Item # 160488333740. I do not know my Alleys very well yet, but these don't seem right to me. The seller has a long listing and seems to have quite the story. Any input would be a huge help.

SNYD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160488333740

Edited by Steph
added link

Think about it! Glass blow pipes for marbles? No! He did find glass blow pipes but they were not used to "blow" marbles. The provenance of the blow pipes is known. Ask Ron Shepherd. It is true that this seller bought the old Alley site at auction, but he never took possession of it. Never paid for it. Federal law required extensive clean up that he was not prepared to do. So he never actually owned the site. Ron could tell you more.

I don't recognize those colors, but Ron will see this and he'll know.

The color is what is throwing me off. But I just read another post and saw some great Alley mibs that just don't fit the Alley colors. I am interested to see what Ron thinks.

just went thru what i have and didn't find 1 that

come close to that color of y-g. ??? on pattern, but ...

my problem is with the line of b.s. this guy has .. and been putting out for some time. quite a few know the " true" story, follow edna's thought, but it continues on. half-truths .. don't get my buks ... bill

He had the high bid at the auction so officially he did "agree" to buy it and I suppose he could claim he did. BUT he never paid anything so he never really owned it.

So, who really owns it now? I was talking to a guy at Sistersville who had some really neat old Alley mibs who sated he got them at the old site. He said that what he had there would be the last of what he had or would get because he got caught by the owner and it did not go well. So, someone owns it, so how did this guy get into it if he did not pay for it. I would not let someone move in wihtout paying/

SNYD

Someone does own it now. He's an attorney I believe and digging is no longer allowed. Ron knows the name. The neighbors living near the old site keep a close watch on it too. They are not hesitant to call the police. Sorry, I can'tlhelp you with the name, but it's not Rick. He never really owned it. And I've probably said too much.

Someone does own it now. He's an attorney I believe and digging is no longer allowed. Ron knows the name. The neighbors living near the old site keep a close watch on it too. They are not hesitant to call the police. Sorry, I can'tlhelp you with the name, but it's not Rick. He never really owned it. And I've probably said too much.

not by a LONG shot edna .. but i will ... ROC ..... and a lot to be said ... probably better in private .. :fighting-109:... bill

The marbles are not Alleys that i am familiar with. They look more like Champion colors. One of many problems at the Alley Pennsboro site is that Champion is also,so close. Plus Champion had many,many marbles from other companies which they used in the bicetennial bags. A long narrow building that spanned across the creek,was used by Champion for packaging. This building contained many of these different companies marbles,and it collapsed(with marbles)several years ago. This area is all named Glass Factory Hollow and marbles found here can be from different companies. Certian marbles are found in certain areas. Champion also used the vacated Alley building for storage of large boxes of marbles,mostly Champion. The Alley building(what is left)was purchased by a local land and title lawyer. He has had a excavator in there,tore up some more of the building roof and floor. Taking the dirt,marbles,cullet,whatever out. I got news that the EPA was involved and maybe the state. Some really dangerous chemicals has leached into that small creek now for almost 70 years. Once you see Glass Factory Hollow and the old picture how it was years ago,then it all makes sense.

The marbles are not Alleys that i am familiar with. They look more like Champion colors. One of many problems at the Alley Pennsboro site is that Champion is also,so close. Plus Champion had many,many marbles from other companies which they used in the bicetennial bags. A long narrow building that spanned across the creek,was used by Champion for packaging. This building contained many of these different companies marbles,and it collapsed(with marbles)several years ago. This area is all named Glass Factory Hollow and marbles found here can be from different companies. Certian marbles are found in certain areas. Champion also used the vacated Alley building for storage of large boxes of marbles,mostly Champion. The Alley building(what is left)was purchased by a local land and title lawyer. He has had a excavator in there,tore up some more of the building roof and floor. Taking the dirt,marbles,cullet,whatever out. I got news that the EPA was involved and maybe the state. Some really dangerous chemicals has leached into that small creek now for almost 70 years. Once you see Glass Factory Hollow and the old picture how it was years ago,then it all makes sense.

Do you have the picture of how it was " Glass Factory Hollow"? I would love to get more information on this history. I am making the five hour drive back down to Sistersville this weekend, I just got two marbles at a local auction that you just have to see. My thoughts are one is a true gem of an Alley, super wow factor with this one and a Ravenswood that just seems to have alot going on. Would you be around this weekend that we could meet up somewhere>

SNYD