Special Run Blues

SNYD

I am not sure if it is just my luck or if I just don't know enough to say no or I just make bad investments, but what the hell. :evil-grin-smileys-111: This past fall while in Sistersville I had what I thought was a great chance to get into somehting great :confused-smileys-327: Yea buddy, once again it turned out to have been an over paid loss. :fighting-547:

You see I was asked if I would like to purchase some new, special run Cat Eyes and that they were not offering them to everyone, so of course I said yes. I bought $100.00 worth, which was seven marbles. See each jar had different colors so the prices were different. I put these away and hoped to have something that not a lot of folks would have.Then bang there they are showing up on ebay for $7.99 for three. Not just one or two offers, but I have seen listings ten times. :fighting-163: Next time something like this comes along someone please beat me over the head and stop me...........

Suckered in again....

SNYD

JABO doesn't make cat's eye marbles and never has. Those mibs were made by another company.

I do not think that the Jabo comment was meant that they made them, it was the fact that the special runs end up being everywhere. There is not really that be there get a special marble or two and that is it. You found the lucky charm type of deal. I understand where he was coming from.

By the way, the marbles (Cat Eyes) I was talking about were made by Marble King in Paden City WV. Yes, the prize run that was at Sistersville show this past fall.

I was at Sistersville when Beri Fox sold a few. Everyone who bought them agreed not to sell them. Before I could get home, there were some for sale on ebay. Some were sold before Beri ever sold at Sistersville. At that point Beri Fox had not sold any or given any, yet somebody at a flea market had sold to a dealer. We are our own worst enemy???????? Or thieves abound? Or someone who promised not to resell did???

Don't forget there just marbles, very pretty, but still....Someone who said they wouldn't sell, most likely did, it happens everyday, same ol' story. Lie, steal, cheat, whatever they need to do to get a nose ahead of the next person in this rat race. You can't take them with you when you go. :confused-smileys-327:

Since they are now selling on ebay for cheap, I don't think people who were buying at Sistersville would sell them for less than they paid. There has to be some other explanation for where they are coming from. Some of the marbles were selling for $50 each and some for $10 with some priced in between.

Anyone have a link to these on ebay? I don't see any up there anymore. There is one for a single marble but it has no pictures, could this be one of them? Isn't collecting marbles fun!! smile.gif lol

Here ya go...http://cgi.ebay.com/Marbles-3-Marble-King-Blue-Aventurine-Cats-9-16-MINT-/300484793652?pt=Marbles&hash=item45f64a1534

I am not sure if it is just my luck or if I just don't know enough to say no or I just make bad investments, but what the hell. :evil-grin-smileys-111: This past fall while in Sistersville I had what I thought was a great chance to get into somehting great :confused-smileys-327: Yea buddy, once again it turned out to have been an over paid loss. :fighting-547:

You see I was asked if I would like to purchase some new, special run Cat Eyes and that they were not offering them to everyone, so of course I said yes. I bought $100.00 worth, which was seven marbles. See each jar had different colors so the prices were different. I put these away and hoped to have something that not a lot of folks would have.Then bang there they are showing up on ebay for $7.99 for three. Not just one or two offers, but I have seen listings ten times. :fighting-163: Next time something like this comes along someone please beat me over the head and stop me...........

Suckered in again....

SNYD

Not $7.99 any more. Yeah, the market has experienced a bit of a flood, but I personally won't let any sell too cheap on ebay. Being amongst the first from Marble King, they will always have value. Looks like someone had their hands in the pie. I picked up a few different batches from a couple different dealers, all in WV. I will sell them for $15 each, or $10 for quantities of three, or more, and that's not making much of a profit.