Onionskin With Flame Points

mmuehlba

well I know it is on the well played with area but never remember seeing any with flame points for sure an end of day . here are some pics of as found in one of the bags from the other post . who has a flame onionskin Mike

onionskin%20flames%2064S.JPG

onionskin%20flames%2065S.JPG

onionskin%20flames%2066S.JPG

It is about 1 5/8 in size and a big chip but all in the clear nothing in the onionskin color .

onionskin%20flames%2067S.JPG

onionskin%20flames%2068S.JPG

onionskin%20flames%2069S.JPG

onionskin%20flames%2070S.JPG

onionskin%20flames%2071S.JPG

onionskin%20flames%2072S.JPG

onionskin%20flames%2073S.JPG

onionskin%20flames%2075S.JPG

onionskin%20flames%2076S.JPG

onionskin%20flames%2077S.JPG

I think I will be talking to Rich about a reheat . Mike

The machine made term flame just can't be translated to onionskins. It ain't happening! I'm all for finding the unusual in a marble but there's a perfectly reasonable handmade explanation for what is happening here and Alan has pretty much covered it. David

. just like every other onionskin. "O" and I thought this was not like many around . wish I could see more pictures like this common onionskin Mike

ok, how about this one? If I have completely missed the point here please enlighten! thanks

I don't know that there is any specific point here - other than noting that color frit on onionskins is pulled to thread shapes as they are necked down from the cane with a pair of jacks. This is pretty universal due to how cane marbles are made with frit - and that the pontils have a clear window into the marble. Any viscous material will pull to a point - and hot glass is no exception.

I think all we need to do to add to the general confusion that exists out there is to being applying the sacrosanct 'Flame' designation to Onionskins. Next thing you know we will be imagining double-ended flames, pin-striping, striations and so forth. I can actually imagine us counting flaring finger flames in Onionskins. Yikes! David

The machine made term flame just can't be translated to onionskins. It ain't happening! I'm all for finding the unusual in a marble but there's a perfectly reasonable handmade explanation for what is happening here and Alan has pretty much covered it. David

wow david your right on as usual ;)

post-2366-129291091304_thumb.jpg