Peltier Marble Price

cac kid

One thing I can say about peltier blue angels (or red or green) is that they are not easy to find. I have a blue angel and for the past couple years have been looking for a mint red and a green one to complete the set. Have yet to see one at a show, yet alone a mint one, and have been waiting patiently for one on the bay. I was offered 400 bucks for mine (I didn't take it). So 500 sounds reasonable. I would however like to know if anyone ever remembers a mint example that marblealan has put up for auction, and what it went for.

Another thought that I have had about angles is...Do many collectors know what one is? I have asked some collectors at shows that have been collecting way longer than I have, and when I asked if they have any angels, they haven't even heard of them. So are they rare because there were very few made, or are there a ton of them organized into "the pelt jar", unknown by the collector to be an angel. If they are rare how rare are they? Think about a blue galaxey, golden rebel, pearlized patch etc...Ive seen more examples of these at the shows than I have any peltier angel.

Just a thought.

Ryan

Also, anyone answering Andreas question, could you please help us newbies out with a breif description of the characteristics? I see the photo (THANKS!) are those on vaseline glass (UV reactive?) What other features make an angel?

Here's a photo (Mibcapper's, I believe) which includes a green angel.

They have a tan custardy base. I think they are essentially a six-ribbon marble, but sometimes it's hard to tell because of how the ribbons smear and split each other. I'm pretty sure it's not a vaseline base, at least I'm pretty sure the one red one I sold didn't have one.

I think the blue angel was named first, by Smitty, after the Blue Angels flight squadron.

Angels_mibcapper.jpg

Also, anyone answering Andreas question, could you please help us newbies out with a breif description of the characteristics? I see the photo (THANKS!) are those on vaseline glass (UV reactive?) What other features make an angel?

Yeah, what carnivacolor said...Ditto for me!....Nancy

Also Alan's auction photo/

Blue Angel variant NM $485.00

Side note: A Variant Blue Angel Sold for $90.00

in mint condition.

Before Alan's auction.

Mint Blue Angel,

Marble Alan's auction photo/

$621.00

Side note: The Blue Angel was offered for $400.00/

Before it went to Alan auction.

The "man" gets crazy prices!!