How Hard Would It Be??

orbboy

Would it be worth hunting down the missing marbles from this group to sell as a full set? If they were 13/16"ish I would sure make an attempt to do so since they seem to go for reasonable prices. These are around 1" though, and if I remember correctly a much much harder size to find. Am I right or just brain farting again? Thanks for any info.

post-218-129847832722_thumb.jpg

I would like to use same size vintage green Micas to fill it out. However is it worth it to do so? The last green 1" Mica I sold went for $82.00 and it was not even that super loaded. So if I would need 7 to finish off the set, plus 2 to replace a couple that have damage. That makes 9 x say $60.00 to $80.00 = ????$ . Even at $50.00 each that's still $450.00 min to round it out. Add that to original price and it's getting up there. What would a set like this expect to fetch if it were full?

Second option is to break it up and sell over time at 24 x ??? = one nice profit. Another way to go.

So your thinking that they are on the harder to find scale, and would sell for a bit more $$$ each than I'm thinking? I just dug through ebay and there were no Micas past or active that were 1" Guess it's good they are green since they seem to be most common. So the chances of one showing up here and there are better. But hat could take some time.

Paying for em aint the problem. It boils down to if it will be worth it in the long run?

Cost containment depends on what a set like this is likley to bring if complete?? Right now I have $600.00 into it. If it costs me $100.00 each for the replacements, not caring how long it took to find them. I would have $1500.00 in it when done. If it's worth $2000.00 then it might be fun to try to track them down. If it's only worth $1000.00 complete then it just would not be worth it.

In truth I really would like to see it full again. It's a nice set. Just hoping that my sentiment is not kicking my pocketbook in the ass.

There is a 1 1/4" green Mica on the bay right now with a B.I.N of $175.00

Thanks all for the advice, info and offers. I really feel it need to stay green though. So that's what I will try for, for now. Keep that yellow one though Dan cuse I might contact you later about it if the hunting sucks lol.

Another thought would be to take 12 and 12 and have a good start on 2 seperate boards and fill them with anything 1" to fill them out. It would mean I would have to get a whole lot more marbles though. I don't follow handmade prices much so not sure what 1" standard looking handmades go for?

Nah! gonna make it all green again if I can. At least all Micas. Just seems like the right thing to do for it.

My Dad is getting home today from the north of England show where he found it. This whole plan could fall apart if my Mum likes it.

Couple of new pics. The Sparklers and handmade were the best the seller could do to fill out the set I guess.

post-218-129885476685_thumb.jpg

post-218-129885474328_thumb.jpg

Think that if I planted these little pee-wees in some powdered green glass, gave them some marble food and some T.L.C ......... Just wishing.

post-218-129885490853_thumb.jpg