Am I Missing Something?? Lol

i think the bidder got burnt by his sniper program....the person with one feedback was biddin and the winner with a ton of feedback won...thats one reason i dont use a sniper program....way to go bert....hopefully the winner has deep pockets and can afford a massive loss like that,if i didnt know bert id call foul....somethin went wrong or right dependin how you look at it....

Agree with Galen. The bidding history shows that the underbidder put in an automatic bid days earlier and the winning bidder did the same a couple hours before the auction end. So not a bidding war at the end just 2 bidders that both wanted that item. Why????

Bill

look like both of them use the set a super high snipe and got screwed themselves....i dont use a snipe program im into biddin on what i think the highest is...that way i dont get burnt and overpay...i usually bid on lots with bad pics and 9 times outta 10 find a gem or two...granted those are gettin harder to find but it generally works out...youll never hear me whinin about not being able to recoup my investment...i dont buy the high end stuff one by one...my retirement box is filled by this method...its hard to be 100% satisfied by buyin on ebay...$20 is about my limit and most of my wins are profitable for me....most people think they got a fortune in their hands and are dissapointed when they try to resale...im just sayin....at the shows i peruse the dollar bins....youd be suprised what i find and its fun and i never feel like im gettin screwed...everybody has their own ways of collectin and aquirin their collection....but snipin has never been a favorite for me just because of this senerio...

I would think that unless someone is bidding in the last few seconds that a sniping program could help with any amount. Especially with blurry and not very heavily looked at lots. Many folks will automatically look at lots that have bids on them and glance over lots with no bids. That is the main reason I use a sniping program. No need to let other folks know it may be something worth bidding on. And you can put any amount in as a snipe. No need for crazy amounts like the above auction. The only time I ever bid early is if there are bidders and I want to see how high they have bid. If it is below what I would pay I then go and enter my high bid into my snipe program. Maybe I should have kept this a secret(LOL) Actually, I think that is why most folks snipe.

Does this mean I should buy you guys lunch at the next show?

I'm as puzzled as you are.

My wife and I opened the computer when there was about 30 minutes to go

and were shocked to see what was happening.