Peltier Question

migbar

Thank you, Edna. I like them, too.

bo.....Is it only the translucent white that has that texture ? I don't know anything about CLR, was the marble dug ? Some colors of glass, like flint glass and black and others, react more with stuff in the ground, and they are more likely to turn iridescent, and sometimes that can etch the surface; but I don't think I have any that look quite like that.

The "Glassonix" marbles, according to the records, sound more like multi-colors; but some have color combinations that I'm not aware of. The inventory page of them is somewhere in Steph's Study Hall.

032-2-1.jpgYes only the white translucsent glass has the texture.A wide band on one side and another narrow band on the otherside.In full sun it looks like brilliant aventurine except it's White.Thanks for your comment,enough about this one.Just wondering if it might be the Glassonix glass you were talking about.Not a dug marble as far as I can tell.

I don't think that is a Glassonix marble. They made one with red, yellow, white and flint, but I would expect more clear.

I've been wrong before, but not for several minutes.

There is an inventory list of the Glassonix marbles from 1934 in Steph's Study Hall, the Acme Realer thread.

Thanks Steph I see it's not a realer or glassinix now, it's more of a bloody mary type like we discussed earlier.The textured area does not appear to be damage and the appearance of it makes me think it may have been an experimental alternative to aventurine.It sure is brilliant in the sun like aventurine.That's just my opinion.Anyone else have one of these or seen one?Thanks,Enough on this ,I don't want to hyjack the thread.

That is the box I was referring to earlier, and they all look Peltier to me. The marbles aren't all in the right places, and there is no milkie,

and the ones to the right look cornelianish, with no grey, though. Great box, whatever they are.

I think the parts to Craig's box; the box, inserts, and container; are listed on the 3rd page of the inventory papers shown earlier in this thread.

mike

Mike, I'm guessing that the No. 5 display box mentioned in the inventory papers is the box pictured by Dan S. in Nov 2010 in another topic on Gropper. (pic copied here)

Isn't a "display box" a box with cut-outs so that the marbles can be displayed without the box being opened?

Craig's box is "Sample Kit". The printing on the inside cover seems to be a key of contents. I bet there is enough room for a No. 5 display box if the respective onyx marbles and insert were removed.

post-358-130874750691_thumb.jpg

Yes, Hansel, in post number five I should have called it a sample kit, not a number five display box. A number five display box was likely inside to the left originally.

Thank you for pointing out my stupid mistake !

Also, I am pretty much convinced, now, that the original Prima Agates were like the ones in the display kit box that look like American Agates, red with a translucent/soft opalescent white,

no grey involved. I think the description of them having grey was from a business journal article mentioning the new primas in 1926. Them business folk always see a lot of grey areas.

I have my doubts about all of these Prima Agate boxes with a yellow label so sloppily positioned on a white box. That just don't look right.

The records for these early boxes say they were yellow, then yellow with metal corners, then orange with metal corners. Did they ever use sloppy white boxes ? Hmmmm.....

• 1 month later...

I was so relieved when I scrolled up and saw which marbles Galen had posted. I didn't want to have to learn a new version of Pelt Sunset. But luckily I don't have to. That's the version I'm used to. :D

1931, Sunset Agates

1931_03_29_SunsetAgates_Wisconsin.jpg

post-279-1189046905.jpg