Guinea Close-Up Pics?

Steph

After studying dozens of Guineas and hundreds of striped opaques I can say that they were made the same. Two seam guineas exhibit the same S shape or looping on one side between the seams just like the other seamed CACs. The single seams can also exhibit the exact same characteristics of the other single seam types. How they were done is a mystery but I doubt very much any type of cane was made. (Too time consuming for one thing)And this was after handgathering and during gob Here is a couple that show the wild action on a side between 2 seams. I should add I am talking about general construction. How when and where in the process the spots were laid on is another mystery

post-87-131129196189_thumb.jpg

I wondered how smooth the colors were on the surface. Then I remembered I have guinea fragments even though I don't have a guinea. The color is very smooth and very thin on the surface (interesting). But one of my fragments is about a third of a marble. It has a core of color in the middle, plus all the color around the outside. Seems that should tell me something. But if it's talking I'm not hearing very well.

Wasn't Christensen famous for having different colored glasses that were formulated to not mix or bleed together? I could imagine a striping pot that would have a variety of such colors spattered onto the surface of a more dense clear. The gatherer would take a gob of base and dip/twirl it in the striping pot, sorta like making colored Easter eggs. Of course, I'm a near imbecile when it comes to this sort of thing, so it all seems very simple to me. :D

Oh yeah, Guineas aren't hand-gathered are they . . .