Nice American Agate

Ric

I thought it was a little different but figured it might be the touch of clear transparent throwing me a bit. Regardless, it doesn't strike me as a slag. It's primarily white with color that appears to be on the surface. Although it does seem there is a little transparency in the red. Heck, I'll be even happier if it's a Pelt, and I have to admit that the first thing it reminded me of was those reverse-twist slags Galen has shown before. Any pics available of similar from Pelt? Here are a few more pics, and thanks for letting me know what you think. I don't know enough about the HG Pelts to even go there with any confidence.

2046643030104684377S600x600Q85.jpg

I've gotta admit, Charles, The possibility of a machine-spun swirl crossed my mind too but it doesn't show irregularities on the surface like so many of those I've seen and the HG-look would be pretty remarkable for those too . It's a peculiar marble, for sure.

Yeah, Clyde, I screwed up big-time not getting a look at the marbles you brought. This is the type of slag I was referencing though. It's about 9/16" and I'd call it ice or baby blue There do seem to be some similarities in the pattern but the one I initially posted just doesn't strike me as a slag so . . . ??? And I'm pretty clueless when it comes to HGs anyway, especially if it's a less common type or an atypical one.

2718451200104684377S500x500Q85.jpg