Who Manufactured Berry Pinks?

Steph

Galen just gave me a huge waitaminnit moment.

Which company manufactured them? Have they been dug anywhere? Here are some Berry Pinks Patry posted. What company do those look like? Why do we associate them with the man named Berry Pink?

MK_Berry_Pink_2__Patry_9_02_.jpg

MK_Berry_Pink_1__Patry_9_02_.jpg

johnsonberrypinks.jpg

Lynn Johnson's Berry Pinks - 3 kinds, white base, blue base, and clear base

berry-pink-clear.10101010.jpgberry-pink-clear-2.10013163.jpg

My clear based Berry Pink

mkberrypink.jpg

My white based Berry Pink. I bought this one from Jim Garber and the one on the right, Jim believes was made at the same time as the Berry Pink marbles..

they were dug at the paden city turn around dump site....the ones i found were all annealed fractured or half marbles...i think those big +1inch clear patch and ribbon were made bout the same time....just wonderin ....why would you ask that steph....haint this been covered before.....nothin like that were dug at st marys...remember there was a peltier machine used at paden city...i woulkd think it was there because of the fire and its still in use there mostly to make gems....so some paden city marbles differ slightly from the howdyshell machines....and the marbles made on the peltier machine....older mks like very late 50s or early 60s look different than say 63-64 productions because of new machines or different machines....you can see differences like where the ribbons touch or the shape of the patch..or other suptle differences.....maybe those different styles of what ednas callin (and they are)berry pinks were made on different machines there at paden city...

Thanks.

Why? Coz someone with a lot of marble knowledge estimated they were from the 1930's and thus made for Berry Pink by someone other than Marble King. One thing led to another and suddenly I wasn't sure how much of the information was based on tradition and how much there was evidence for.

we would have to see one from the 30s that he gave away...i would think that all his interest in wv marbles and makers he woukld have lotsa different marbles to give away....alleys would be my guess and i would think that when mk made to move to paden city he was around to ask about makin a special marble...or howdyshell made em as a tribute...i heard from a high rankin officer at marble king that its speculated that his pink cadilac is bricked up in a storage room in the basement of the plant...rumor.... fact??...who knows and i guess we will never know that its true or not...maybe he had some cash to invest in the move???hense a marble named after him or just a collector name...not sure is the someone with lots of knowledge sure that he gave these away or was he too old to do that in 59-70????one thing i know for sure ednas pics were paden city marbles...when did pink die??? i researched and he died in 62 so maybe theyre a tribute and not the marble he gave away...or maybe theyre given the name by collectors in any case i believe the patry pics were made when he was in the last few years of his life or after he died...i never dug one at st marys in any condition....

they were dug at the paden city turn around dump site....the ones i found were all annealed fractured or half marbles...i think those big +1inch clear patch and ribbon were made bout the same time....just wonderin ....why would you ask that steph....haint this been covered before.....nothin like that were dug at st marys...remember there was a peltier machine used at paden city...i woulkd think it was there because of the fire and its still in use there mostly to make gems....so some paden city marbles differ slightly from the howdyshell machines....and the marbles made on the peltier machine....older mks like very late 50s or early 60s look different than say 63-64 productions because of new machines or different machines....you can see differences like where the ribbons touch or the shape of the patch..or other suptle differences.....maybe those different styles of what ednas callin (and they are)berry pinks were made on different machines there at paden city...

Duff what would make you think a defferent machine would have anything to do with the different style of marble? cutter maybe tank maybe all the machines job is to make the marble round not dicktate the pattern.The pattern is set at the glass stream and cutter.

rick...thats all part of the machine..at least thats what i meant...the set up would have to be exactly the same...and weall know that little differences can make a little change..at least thats what i think....you would prob hafta handle thousands of em to see a difference ....and look for it...

The pattern can and is, influenced by the condition,and or texture on the rollers too.There is the "drag",factor,on the rollers.

ONLY WHEN YOU SPRINKLE SPRINKLES might want to think about the cutter more of a tear from condition think? just trying to help

I also think we tend to compare many setups to the one at Jabo. The gob feeders are different at MK and were way different at Peltier than the simple hole in the tank they have at Jabo. These others were(are) multiple stream setups and that is what made 99% of the pattern. Different deal with single stream swirls

I also think we tend to compare many setups to the one at Jabo. The gob feeders are different at MK and were way different at Peltier than the simple hole in the tank they have at Jabo. These others were(are) multiple stream setups and that is what made 99% of the pattern. Different deal with single stream swirls

Yes but I still stike with once it hits the rolls the pattern is set would you agree