Marblealan Basinet Nearing His End

cheryl

Cheryl: Thank you for your kind updates - and especially for the kindness that you are able to give Alan is his great time of need. May the blessings that he receives from you and others come back to each of you tenfold.

Alan Z

Rest in Peace Buddy Alan Basinet, 1964-2012. Buddy passed away at 8:30 this morning, March 15, with his parents and with me at his side. As per his wishes there will be no funeral, service or burial...Alan donated his body for scientific research...his parents will receive his ashes in a few months. Please remember him with a donation to Community Hospice, 4266 Sunbeam Road, Jacksonville, Florida 32257, communityhospice.com. I will continue to stay in touch.

Please spread the word to all who knew him...Cheryl.

Cackid, Today we all mourn the passing of a man who touched all our lives ,even if we had never had the honor of meeting him.Alan basinet will be remembered forever as long as we keep him in our hearts and minds ,and continue to love marbles as he did. I WILL NEVER FORGET HIM.PEACE BE WITH HIM AND HIS FAMILY.

As what cac kid said, even though I will never have the honor to meet him, he will still be in my prayers and thoughts, and someday (mabye) be just like him and his extrordinary passion for marbles....... rest in peace my friend..... you will be missed by me and plenty thousands more.... you will be in my prayers and thoughts.

God Bless.

It's all so very sad...and so mysterious. In the last email I got from him, Alan said that he tends to "roll with the punches". That's good advice to remember, because life sure throws alot of them.

(Alan sure knew how to pick a good wife!)

Sorry to hear about everyone's loss, although I did not know Alan I did always appreciate his ability and clarity in capturing great detail in his marble images - We all should remember how fragile life is and do good things with the time we have, Our Condolences to his Family and Friends

My thoughts and prayers go out to Alan's family and friends. the loss of a wonderful son and friend. Alan meant so much to the marble community. . a person we all will never forget.. but I want to also emphasize what a wonderful lover of animals Alan was. He would never turn out a stray cat or any animal.. making sure if they were injured they would receive help.. a true giver..in all ways.He would be so upset when one of them passed away..

It will be difficult not to see marbles for sale by Alan. we always knew we would be getting the best..

But we can celebrate his life and remember the many times he would make us laugh at his opinions ( political or otherwise) and he was usually right..

It was my great pleasure to know and meet such a person as Alan and I will always cherish the friendship that we had.

Enjoy the next life, Alan. it should be super..

Di

Cheryl,

Is there any way for someone to make a donation that would help Alan's beloved pets?

God Bless you and your husband for all you have done.

I never met Alan, but anyone who could inspire so much love amongst so may people must have been very special indeed.

Rest in Peace.

Stacy