More Prayers Are Needed For Art Jones

Hi all just got this email from the badger marble club . Mike

Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 8:48 PM

Mibsters.... Those of you who know Art should know he is not doing very well. He's been in the hospital for a while and has just been admitted to an ICU in Hartford. Read the letter below from his daughter explaining the recent bout with pneumonia. Bill and Vicki Bass are going down to Hartford to see him tomorrow. I will try to keep you updated on his condition in the coming days.

Sincerely,

Jim

Afternoon Bill & Vicki;

Thought I would update you on Dad.

We thought things were going ok, last week Thursday he was transferred to the sub acute rehab center at St. Josephs hospital in West Bend (same place my sister Mary works) and the plan was for Dad to stay there for 2 or 3 weeks, get his strength back, get the rehab he needs etc…. But all weekend he was struggling with his breathing and had zero strength, not even to eat which didn’t help things.

Today they transferred him back to Hartford Hospital and now he is in ICU. They just can’t get his breathing under control. They now have him on some kind of mask ventilator, pushing oxygen into his lungs. My sister said they will try taking the mask off tonight to eat and see how he does.

They put a catheter in and ended up with 1000 cc of urine which prior he hasn’t been able to release, unsure of what that means? Not sure if this has something to do with the suspected Cancer in the bladder or something else?

Not a lot of answers other than if they can’t get the lungs back up and working that it looks like they can’t do any surgery for the bladder. Not sure if they can proceed with treatment for the cancer w/out knowing what it is? His doctor of course is on vacation – Mary is going to get a hold of the on call doctor today and hopefully we will know more.

Will keep you updated as we learn more.

Kathy

Cackid, my prayers go out to art and his family for his recovery.Art is one of the first people I met when I started collecting ,he is one the nicest people i,ve ever met,I learned alot from him,bill b.and chuck g. at the decatur shows. best wishes ,JOE S.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. We'll add him to the prayer list.

i thought at first when i seen this, scratched my head i thought,, reincarnation?,, hmmmm,, but after thinking about it I do believe Art needs a different thread,,is what is ment here,,, Give a legend his just due,,, may he rest in peace,,,, bj