Vintage ~ Extremely Rare 4" Coral Mable, Lauscha Germany C.1920

I'd (personally) probably refer to it more as a "sphere" - but marbles are made from a number of materials other than glass. I think its an interesting piece - given the care that went into shapng it.

"I wonder if you get the paperwork to prove the provenance" ..............lol...................

"I'd (personally) probably refer to it more as a "sphere" - but marbles are made from a number of materials other than glass. I think its an interesting piece - given the care that went into shapng it."

...................................yehhhhhhh......................................

just because its round doesnt make it a marble!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAMMER-EPIDEMIC-15-LB-BOWLING-BALL-USED-GREAT-SHAPE-/170870571836?pt=Bowling&hash=item27c8ae033c

I'd call it a ball. A ball of coral. Short of covetable just a tad, since it doesn't make me want to run out and get one. A curiosity at best.

Billiard balls were once carved from ivory, since plastic wasn't invented yet. Does that make them marbles today?

I wonder if it might have been a carpet ball?

just a question ... who is listing and grading bert's auctions ? with the volume involved, for quite a time now, and with his age ... no complaint .... just wondering ... bill

Hey! We already have a Santa Claus. And you waited till Rich was half way between Calif and NY and couldn't defend himself.

The shame.

this is hoodrat bruthaclause not the real santa but a gangster that holds people up around xmas

just a question ... who is listing and grading bert's auctions ? with the volume involved, for quite a time now, and with his age ... no complaint .... just wondering ... bill

lol, good thinking, not bert doing the actual ramming, only berts account selling fantasies!