New Master Box

If it's new, any idea who the artist might be? The other boxes the seller has listed are fantasy boxes. There's "Vitro" box as the 2nd pic of a "Peltier" box auction. Does it look familiar?

Well, those are some pretty marbles. I hope it brings more than the current (minimum) bid, or I'll seriously regret not having bid on it.

( :

120996060466_cropped.jpg

Wish I had better pix of real Master boxes to compare details such as texture of the box, detail of the print, etc. And I wish I knew all the dimensions involved. That would be good too for future reference.

Here is one box. Obviously different from the one in the auction. Different depiction of marbles on front, different layout of print, different location of colors, different MMM logo.

cbf7_1.jpg

cc47_1.jpg

Another box. Still different.

m075c.jpg

American Machine-Made Marbles shows a couple of other Sunbeam boxes. Still different from auction pic of course.

Grist's Big Book has yet another longer box. Still no match in the graphics. Of course.

Was there actually a variation of the sunbeam design just like the one in the auction?

I thought I remembered someone credible -- was it Galen? -- saying that there was more recent evidence that the one on the right was actually legit.

I'm prepared to be informed that I just imagined that! LOL. The memory is fuzzy.

Another box. Still different.

Just an observation . . . While the size and configuration of the two boxes you show are different, I'm thinking that the graphics on both are from the exact same sheets. If I am not mistaken, those are usually printed once and trimmed to a size that will fit the corresponding box (i.e., the additional marbles showing on the title bar of the longer box are folded over the edge and under on the shorter one - likewise with the other dimension).