Random Non-Marble Eye Candy ( :

Steph

This is REAL eye candy for me, a 1995 Jaguar, literally fabulous condition and with only 25,000 original miles. Always been my favorite "street" car! It's not every day I get too see one here in Southeast Minnesota, let alone in my little town of Mabel!

Turns out it's from out of the area (obviously), and was attending a car show in a neighboring town. Parts can be difficult to find so I will be seeing this beauty sitting up there at my local mechanic shop for a few days 😊

20220902_112751.jpg

20220902_112818.jpg

20220902_112835.jpg

20220902_112804.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William said:

A combination of luxury, power and speed. Was once considered the fastest car on the street in it's day 👍

Parts for those were a bear way back when, I can only imagine now. Still a great car for 27 years old  :thup: Same year as my truck (i.e. the 460 8 mpg. gas hog)   🐷

Know what you mean. I got hung up for a while on old sterling serving pieces (I needed them for Thanksgiving) and I like your salt spoons, and the dish you have them in. S. Kirk & Sons made some really nice silver, a little harder to find than some others . . .  oh no, don`t get me started on that again . . .

• Haha 2

I'm glad you "resurrected" this thread, Ann....I absolutely love sharing other non-marble related collectibles. Sharing them AND seeing the "eye candy" of others!

Do take note though that some of what I share comes from Patty's collections (with permission 🤣)...she's not into marbles like I am. With that said, I find it peculiar that when missing a marble, I find it displayed in her collections? 🤔 I'm such a pushover, I more often than not don't get them back either 😊

12 minutes ago, William said:

When was this? That's the way too enjoy the day 👍

About 2 weeks ago.we were on the river over the holiday weekend man was it packed ...lake Havasu Arizona this is a picture of "the channel " party central lol

I head down to the river whenever I get a chance its only an hour away 👍

20220904_121154.jpg

20220904_121159.jpg

• Wow 1

My friend Mick and I were down Steelhead fishing on the Columbia river about 15 years ago and he took this shot of me standing by the river w/ a double bow in the background. I've seen a lot of them but this is the only one captured on film, sorry for the resolution but I had to take pics of an old hardcopy to get these.

image.png.9735ef38908ed316b7de882cdf44fe19.png

image.thumb.png.52a2dab8fefdfa995b9b6e2455ce40ff.png

8 hours ago, Chad G. said:

My friend Mick and I were down Steelhead fishing on the Columbia river about 15 years ago and he took this shot of me standing by the river w/ a double bow in the background. I've seen a lot of them but this is the only one captured on film, sorry for the resolution but I had to take pics of an old hardcopy to get these.

image.png.9735ef38908ed316b7de882cdf44fe19.png

image.thumb.png.52a2dab8fefdfa995b9b6e2455ce40ff.png

Nice! I've seen a handful myself, just lucky enough to be on the road with my phone handy. Speaking of rare occurrences, I just thought of one that happened to me when I was a young teenager. 

Living in Florida, we had a thunderstorm going on in the backyard and sunshine with clear skies in the front. This occurence only lasted seconds, but I remember it clearly as I came out the front door and stood there awestruck!