Found A Marble

Chuck G

Steph, i am messing around to have a little fun. I keep forgetting everyone knows that i am into pelts real heavy. I think maybe back in a past post i might have posted it before. Out of all the very pretty swirls or even in the nlr patterns this one is really neat in hand. Yes, i kinda throwed a name to it, the "Salamander" or as some say "Sallie". As i get older sometimes the mind slips now and then. I was just having fun and this great hobby should always stay fun and truly enjoyable. Saying also hi to Dani and Ernie. Life always "rolls' back to you in delightful colors!! Chuck G--

I am far removed from Pelt-knowledgeable, but I have a question. This marble is very colorful but does not have the classic Peltier ribbon construction, or the design of a peltier multi-color. The design reminds me of Vitro Elites and the colors and ribbons of a Vacor Hurricane. I admit I could be way off base, but why would this marble be called a Peltier? I certainly have never seen one like this.

It has what is known as the Pelt flip-flop.

post-279-0-08808700-1389832806_thumb.jpg

The 2nd white, hidden up in that top right corner, may look like it is on what I am calling "Side 1" but I'm guessing if I got to see the marble up close I would be convinced it actually was on Side 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I've learned something new for the day !!!! Before I chanced on this thread I had never even heard of a Pelt 'flip flop' and now not only have I heard of one, I have been given a demonstration of what it is and am extremely grateful for the knowledge and for your openness in sharing what you know. I started in the 'general antiques' line when I became an antiques dealer and no one shared their knowledge. If you did not know something, no one was going to tell you even if you asked.......and back when I started, before the time of the internet, it was not as easy to learn on your own as it is now. I am extremely grateful for sites like this where the experts share their knowledge and do it in a way that even us beginners can understand, and yes, even after 26 years, I still consider myself a beginner !!!!

Steph, hit this marble right square on the head, she is exactly right. Yes, i do agree with the total make up of the marble which sure dont look pelt but it is all the way from other examples close to this one. Manylittle, i am still learning myself and i have done this now on 41 years and am very far from knowing it all. Good chat boards and good members make this hobby tons of fun and a long time learning experience. Chuck G--